Sandyg

Reged: 09/13/04

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Anyone ever try Librax for IBS-D? new
      #313031 - 08/11/07 05:52 PM
LittleLisa

Reged: 06/22/04
Loc: USA

I did...but I didn't take it long enough to know if it helped my IBS. I felt that it gave me heart palpitations so I stopped it. I normally am anxious trying any new drug but honestly, I started taking Elavil for my IBS and was really nervous and gave myself anxiety taking it for the first time and after the first night I was fine. Been on it for almost 5 months now and have seen some improvement. It didn't give me heart palpitations either.
Not sure if I helped but if you get heart palpitations from it, I think it really is a side effect.

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

#313061 - 08/12/07 09:10 AM
barbie

Reged: 04/22/04
Loc: Texas

I've been taking Librax for several years. I don't really think it helps the "D" but it does help calm me and my tummy down during times of stress which is a trigger for me. I started with a dose before each meal but now I'm down to only one dose a day.

For "D" I take Imodium and it works like a charm.

Barbie

--------------------

#313183 - 08/14/07 07:42 AM
Sandyg

Reged: 09/13/04

That is my main trigger...stress. I am going through a very stressful time now caring for my Dad who is quite elderly. I first started having IBS symptoms when my Mom passed away almost 4 years ago. I see the pattern repeating and thought if I could head off some of the anxiety I'd be better. I'm not thinking long term...just to get me over this time. If it helps with the stress some, then maybe the IBS will quiet down in addition of course to eating right. For me though, stress is the #1 thing...not so much diet.

Thanks for your replies.
Sandy

#313636 - 08/21/07 10:58 AM
Cast_Away

Reged: 08/15/07
Loc: Orlando, Florida

I did not like it either. I'm experimenting with a my dr with a few different things: Topamax- usually presc for migranes but it also affects the gut too main side affect is constipation. Also Cymbalta- same thing- constipation AND helps me deal with the anxiety. Then I alter Lomotil and Immodium when I am in an attack. Two years with this cocktail works wonders for me. Now for the coloitis... I haven't found the magic combo.

--------------------
IBS-D, with Coloitis from surgery

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 792 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1953

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review