All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Dairy
      #312848 - 08/08/07 08:54 PM
BrandonCraig

Reged: 08/08/07

Yes, I am wondering what is best to substitute butter with, applesauce or lactaid milk? I use to use lactaid butter but, I stopped what do u think about the butter, I just tried to element all diary. I can not drink lactaid milk fresh irritates IBS, but when I cook it it is different, now butter may be different too if I cooked it I just havent used it in a long time. I started to use applesauce, but I am getting tired of that apple taste it always leaves behind, I have IBS, I am lactose intolerate, and I have IC, what a life lol, but I learned to accept it and I am dealing with it well, I am around 25 less than I was in high school, I am now 23 and 5'6 115 I can be a jockey, anyways would like some good info please thanks.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Dairy new
      #312849 - 08/08/07 09:10 PM
Betharoo

Reged: 01/28/05
Loc: Ontario, Canada

There are margarines that don't have any dairy in them and I don't find them much different than butter. As for lactaid milk, it still bothers me, have you tried Almond Breeze almond milk, the chocolate one is really good and tastes just like chocolate milk to me.

--------------------
Microscopic Colitis, IBS-A, GERD, Hiatal Hernia
Bethany, Ontario, Canada

Re: Dairy new
      #312851 - 08/08/07 10:03 PM
BendeeWendee

Reged: 07/23/07
Loc: Brooklyn, NY

If you have a health food store in your area, you should be able to find nondiary butters, margarines, sour creams, etc. You won't be able to tell the difference.

--------------------
Wendy IBS A thru Z
Taking it one day at a time...

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2767 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 659

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review