All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Concerned about stool color and consistency...
      #312778 - 08/07/07 10:43 PM
Tinkerbelle

Reged: 04/17/05
Loc: Los Angeles, CA

Hey guys... tonight I had a BM that was fairly light colored... I looked it up online and found some freaky diseases.. this is my first time having this happen, so I will obviously keep an eye on it and get checked out if it continues.. but then in my reading, I saw that really dark and tarry stools can be blood in the stool. I often have horrible smelling semi-tarry and fairly dark stools, but they are never black. Reading this kinda freaked me out! I got a stool sample two years ago when my symptoms were MUCH worse, so I'm not sure if I should get check out again...
Do any of you ever have pale color or kinda dark and tarry stools? I'd love your input!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Concerned about stool color and consistency... new
      #312779 - 08/07/07 11:12 PM
BendeeWendee

Reged: 07/23/07
Loc: Brooklyn, NY

Hi Tinkerbelle. The only time I had 1-2 dark chunks in my stool were right after the colonoscopy when they said it would be the norm. Because the chunks were dark, it meant, according to the G.I., that the blood was older and that may therefore becoming from the upper GI tract which is not good. It didn't happen again so we chalked it up to it being from the colonoscopy. I've never had a completely dark stool.

If you have the dark stool, I would get that checked out right away, if not at least for peace of mind.

With the risk of sounding a bit on the crude side, I would say that the lightest I've had would be the color of the lightest an almond can be (yeah I know, you'll never look at an almond the same way again!) It has happened recently and when it did, it was way before IBS when the thought of anything wrong was even possible. Since IBS, I analyse every little single thing that happens to me.

Hope this helps a little. But to sum it up, I'd get checked out for sure.

--------------------
Wendy IBS A thru Z
Taking it one day at a time...

#312793 - 08/08/07 07:36 AM
Tinkerbelle

Reged: 04/17/05
Loc: Los Angeles, CA

I just realized some of the color issue may be from taking Charcoal Caps... LOL

#312805 - 08/08/07 10:17 AM
BendeeWendee

Reged: 07/23/07
Loc: Brooklyn, NY

Oh.

--------------------
Wendy IBS A thru Z
Taking it one day at a time...

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 357 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 777

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review