All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
Rio and Wendy new
      #314060 - 08/28/07 06:31 AM
Jordy

Reged: 08/12/06

How ya doing on your 2 tsp of Acacia a day? Better than when taking more? I am having problems again, so I guess reducing it wasn't the sole answer for me. I thought I had finally find some sort of corolation. Maybe I'll just go without SFS altogether.

--------------------
IBS-C with pain and bloat

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Rio and Wendy new
      #314073 - 08/28/07 10:39 AM
BendeeWendee

Reged: 07/23/07
Loc: Brooklyn, NY

This is my 3rd week of 1 teaspoonfuls 2x a day. When I was at 3/4 2x a day, I was having a BM everyday. Kind of hunky, not my norm, but better. When the following week I upped to 1 teaspoon, I reverted to having a BM about every other day, which is sort of where I was before I started any kind of new diet or additions of fiber, etc. I'm still on the 1 teapsoon 2x a day and will be there for quite a while.

--------------------
Wendy IBS A thru Z
Taking it one day at a time...

#314081 - 08/28/07 12:34 PM
Jordy

Have you considered going back down to 3/4 tsp 2x a day? If you were going more at that? I'm so confused.

--------------------

#314086 - 08/28/07 01:24 PM
BendeeWendee

I'm confused too! When I was at 3/4 2x a day, I don't know if by having a BM every day was a fluke as I was NEVER an everyday kind of person. But then again, since I'm practically fasting throughout the day, I may not have a BM to have to do which is why I probably go every other day. On the other hand, I reverted back to every other day a week before returning to work and I was eating 6 little meals throughout the day. See my confusion?

I'll probably revert back to the 3/4 2x a day.

--------------------
Wendy IBS A thru Z

#314155 - 08/29/07 06:37 AM
Jordy

I have been eating less, and also noticed I am more constipated and my BMS are not bulky ever anymore.

I think I've decided to stop the fiber altogether...but for some reason I can't stop putting it in my food! I think it's because I worked so long and hard (months) to reach the amount I had reached! I would just have to start all over again if Not using it isn't the answer.

--------------------

#314166 - 08/29/07 08:38 AM
BendeeWendee

I hear ya. Maybe that's why our BMs aren't hunky because we're not eating a full day's worth of meals. I'm off this Friday and coming Tuesday so I can relish in the holiday weekend (not that I'm going anywhere and I'm for sure that I'm going to miss my cousin's yearly cookout in Connecticut). Anyway, I'm going to create a document with 7 day menus--maybe that'll help me out. And I'm going to only use Heather's recipes. This morning, I had D and I don't know where that came from being that I've been eating the same thing for 3 days. I tell ya, I feel like I'm heading up the river in a boat with no paddle!

I'll keep the Acacia thing going 'cause I figure I need to have fiber in my diet regardless of this bastardly IBS or not. 1 teaspoon 2x a day. That's it.

--------------------
Wendy IBS A thru Z

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 429 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 27920

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review