All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Tummy Fiber from heather versus Citracell
      #312723 - 08/07/07 10:17 AM
yoffie

Reged: 08/01/07

My daughter has IBS- D with some heartburn. Has anyone switched over to the Tummy Fiber from Citracell and noticed a difference? She gets three bowel movements every morning and would like to slow the body down a bit.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Tummy Fiber from heather versus Citracell new
      #312741 - 08/07/07 12:23 PM
Shibby

Reged: 06/21/07
Loc: Clifton Park, NY

Hi. I just opened my 1st can of Tummy Fiber last week. I was previously using Citracel. I haven't had any heartburn with the Tummy Fiber ( I did w/ Citracel) & I take 2 1/2 TBSP./daily. I can't tell you how well it works as far as D because I am new at this & I have flare ups w/my period (which is going on now)so I take Immodium which changes everything. I would try the Tummy Fiber, it's much easier to drink, you can't even tell it's in the glass & you can always add it to food if it doesn't work as good as the Citracel. So it won't go to waste. Good Luck.

Re: Tummy Fiber from heather versus Citracell new
      #312742 - 08/07/07 12:37 PM
Syl

Reged: 03/13/05
Loc: SK, CANADA

If you live in the US you might also try Benefibre made with wheat dextrin instead of Citracell.

--------------------
STABLE: ♂, IBS-D 50+ years - Science of IBS

The FODMAP Approach to Managing IBS Symptoms
Evidence-based Dietary Management of Functional GI Symptoms: The FODMAP Approach
FODMAP Chart & Cheatsheet
The Role of Food & Dietary Intervention in IBS

Tummy Fiber new
      #312756 - 08/07/07 03:03 PM
Double J

Reged: 03/09/06
Loc: High Rocky Mountains ibs-d

After I got used to Acacia ... the amount that works for me... I have had no problems with heart burn and would not switch back to Citracell. Using Acacia was certainly a turning point for me becoming stable.

--------------------
Courage doesn’t always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, “I will try again tomorrow”. Mary Anne Radmacher

Re: Tummy Fiber - take before bed to help in the morning - IBS-D new
      #312758 - 08/07/07 03:11 PM
yoffie

Reged: 08/01/07

how do you know how much versus how much for citracell. she take two citracill pills in the morning and two before dinner. her diahrea comes out first thing in the morning. is it best to take some before bed?

Re: Tummy Fiber - take before bed to help in the morning - IBS-D new
      #312763 - 08/07/07 04:39 PM
Double J

Reged: 03/09/06
Loc: High Rocky Mountains ibs-d

I can't tell you how much Acacia versus Citracell, but I slowly increased my dosage of Acacia until I am taking 1 1/2 teaspoons twice a day at 5 am and around 5 pm, and that along with the diet works well for me.

Read the 2 posts "Fiber charts and the IBS diet" & "Acacia dosages - starting, increasing, switching from other fibers"
at the top of the IBS Diet Board. They explain a lot about fiber.

I hope that helps you and your daughter.

--------------------
Courage doesn’t always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, “I will try again tomorrow”. Mary Anne Radmacher

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 5102 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2557

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review