All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
This was strange
      #312641 - 08/06/07 09:24 AM
kimberste

Reged: 04/22/07

At 4am this morning, I got out of bed to use the bathroom and bashed my foot against the bottom of the bathroom door. After the yelling and cussing, I realized that my second toe was broken. My husband got some tape and we taped it to the 3rd toe. It hurt a lot when I broke it, but not so much once it was taped. Here is the weird part. I am IBS-D with attacks of severe pain. I have been following the diet and haven't had a severe attack for 5 weeks. Within 10 minutes of breaking my toe, I went into a full-blown attack - lots of pain, nausea, hard to breathe, lots of gas, but no D. Is this a stress reaction? I've never had that happen before. I had to take some anti-nausea and pain medication to stop the attack. It is now 12:30pm and after sleeping off the effects of the medication, I feel fine (except my toe hurts ).

Does this sound familiar to anyone?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: This was strange new
      #313553 - 08/20/07 01:19 AM
scarrlet86

Reged: 02/21/06
Loc: California

Haven't had anything exactly like that happen, but it sounds like it could have been some kind of "shock" response to the pain. I often experience nausea and GI distress when I'm in pain, physical or emotional. The gut is very connected to the mind and the rest of your body and responds to stress. Sorry to hear about your toe, hope it's feeling better!

Re: This was strange new
      #313554 - 08/20/07 01:21 AM
JodieKG

Reged: 06/14/07

Yeah that sounds like physical shock from the pain. Stubbing your toe is bad, but breaking it... ouch... !!!!!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1029 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 645

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review