All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
COFFEE IS EVIL!!
      #312346 - 07/31/07 06:31 PM
barbiepink

Reged: 07/18/07

I have not had coffee in WEEKS and was wanting one SOOOO bad last night! So DUMB me goes to starbucks and gets a small coffee but pays a large amount of pain all night long! Everytime I crave it now will be easier to say no because of how sick I was last night! YUUUUCKKKK!!!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: COFFEE IS EVIL!! new
      #312487 - 08/02/07 05:51 PM
sbradbury005

Reged: 07/26/07
Loc: Washington State

Isn't that funny? Not! I did that too and had the same outcome the next day. Then asked myself why I thought it would be okay to test myself. I still have a Starbucks addiction, but am getting closer to quiting altogether. I don't have a "reaction" everytime, but about every other month I have to give up coffee for about a week. I should really just give it up!

#312700 - 08/07/07 07:18 AM
crazylizardlady

Reged: 07/11/07
Loc: NJ

I love coffee , too and have tried over and over again to cut it out. I'm okay with one cup of foldgers simply smooth , gentle on your stomach brand. I use a bit of nondairy coffeemate. no cream or milk!!!

--------------------
IBS/GERD/Lactose Intolerant

#312708 - 08/07/07 09:07 AM
saraUK

hi there, I'm also hopelessly addicteed/in love with Coffee and try to give up but it doesn't last more than a week! what is Folgers? is this real coffee or a substitute?

#312716 - 08/07/07 09:41 AM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

Just so you know (for others who aren't sure about coffee): Folgers Simply Smooth is not safe for everyone. Even though it has reduced acidity, it still contains enzymes that can aggravate IBS symptoms in people. Also something that might be gentle to your stomach, doesn't guarantee that it will be gentle to your colon.

Still, I'm glad you're able to find a drink you enjoy!

#312727 - 08/07/07 11:12 AM
MamaCat

Reged: 04/09/06
Loc: NJ

I miss drinking coffee but it's such a powerful trigger for my D that I equate it to drinking battery acid. I'll stick to my chai!

--------------------
IBS-D!

#312782 - 08/08/07 02:41 AM
saraUK

I'm going to have to cut it out for a few weeks and see if it makes the difference. this morning i had pain and cramps and D and then made myself a coffee- I must be mad! I'm convinced it's as bad as nicotine addiction....

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1607 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1324

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review