All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
FIBER AGAIN
      #311787 - 07/23/07 11:27 AM
julieb123

Reged: 07/19/07
Loc: uk liverpool

AM THICK I NO PLEASE SOME ONE WHAT FIBER DO I NEED TO FORM A POO AM GETING IT ALL WRONG WHAT HELP HAVE IBS C NEED TO FOEM A POO AND ALSO WHATS A GOOD MEDINCE FOR ME

--------------------
ibs c with trapped gas

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

I don't understand your question... new
      #311789 - 07/23/07 12:33 PM
Double J

Reged: 03/09/06
Loc: High Rocky Mountains ibs-d

I'm sorry ... I'm just a broken up Wyoming cowboy ...

What are you asking?

--------------------
Courage doesn’t always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, “I will try again tomorrow”. Mary Anne Radmacher

Re: I don't understand your question... new
      #311790 - 07/23/07 12:35 PM
julieb123

Reged: 07/19/07
Loc: uk liverpool

please help i have ibs c and need to no what fiber is best for me insoluble or soluble to make a POO FORMED IF YOU NO WHAT I MEAN

--------------------
ibs c with trapped gas

#311796 - 07/23/07 02:09 PM
Zara

Reged: 06/07/06

First, I'm sorry that you feel bad

Second, you really need to read the articles here on the website on soluble and insoluble fiber. You actually need both soluble and insoluble fiber. Unfortunately there is no clear answer that would immediately make you feel better. Every body is different so we all need to find the exact balance between SF and IF that works for us.
Constipation is hard to cure. Are you following the EFI diet? I get constipated even if my fiber intake is balanced when I eat something high in fat, etc.
Start with soluble fiber foods to calm down your gut (and make sure you drink a lot of water with it). Then add some insoluble fiber to get things moving. At the beginning make sure that most of your fiber is soluble and then slowly work up your insoluble fiber intake.
Please be patient. I know how hard it is as sometimes you just need some relief asap. I hope you feel better soon!

--------------------
IBS-C, bloating, cramps
pregnant

#311821 - 07/23/07 06:02 PM
Gracie

Reged: 11/25/05

Syl already answered your question in a post this past weekend. You need both soluble and insoluble fiber, but since you are IBS-C, you need a larger quantity of insoluble fiber. You also need to understand that the diet won't cure your constipation over night, it will take some time.
Some IBS-C people take Natural Calm to help them out while they work on their diet.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 292 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 880

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review