All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
magnesium supplements
      #311770 - 07/23/07 07:52 AM
welshsarah

Reged: 06/30/07
Loc: England, UK

Hey, i took two magabsorb tablets (magnesium supplements, 300mg in total)for the first time on thurs. On fri, sat and sun i've had the strangest stools. I won't get into detail but sometimes they're really messy and with no form (but not quite D). I'm IBS C. I think my BMs have calmed down today (monday). I was also sick on sunday morning. Do you think this is anything to do with the magnesium supplements or just coincidental?

--------------------
Sarah
IBS-C

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: magnesium supplements new
      #311784 - 07/23/07 10:37 AM
Zara

Reged: 06/07/06

I think it can be related to the Mg supplement, especially if it was your first time and your body isn't used to it. I remember last summer I accidentally "overdosed" on Mg. I took one cap full of Milk of Magnesia at night. I had no BM the following morning but felt good otherwise (no bloating or pain). I took my morning vitamins, including a Mg pill (250 mg). Then later I forgot I already took it and took another dose. I started getting really bloated in the afternoon, lots of cramps and nausea. I drank tons of water but hardly had to pee at all. Finally, in the middle of the night I woke up with terrible D and spent half of the night in the bathroom.
I would try taking only one pill and see if that works better for you

--------------------
IBS-C, bloating, cramps
pregnant

#311785 - 07/23/07 11:19 AM
welshsarah

Reged: 06/30/07
Loc: England, UK

Hi Zara, thanks for your reply. Your experience does sound very much like mine. I'll definitely start off with one tablet i think thanks again

--------------------
Sarah
IBS-C

#311831 - 07/24/07 08:21 AM
Rio

Reged: 11/28/06

Hi welshsarah,

When I started taking Magasorb about a year ago, it did make my BMs looser. I still take it, and tend to fluctuate between taking 2 or 3 tablets a night, depending on how C I am. It doesn't have that 'loose' effect any more, so it would seem that your body takes time to adjust. Remember to take into account any magnesium in any other supplements you may be taking, as it's easy to overdose in this way.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 236 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 783

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review