All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | >> (show all)
Re: "You're too skinny" comments are just as offensive as "you're fat" comments new
      #318602 - 11/14/07 10:01 AM
BendeeWendee

Reged: 07/23/07
Loc: Brooklyn, NY

At work from people who don't know what's going on I've had the following said (comments in red are from me):

"Hey what's up?"
"Same ole, same ole"
"It can't be the same ole if you're losing weight the way you are!"
"You could stand to lose a few, wanna know my secret?"
That person has not since asked me again. Mission accomplished!

"Oh my God you're so skinny!"
"Yeah."
"Whattaya sick or somethin'?"
"Yeah, I'm dying. (I then walked away)
Never get asked questions from that person again! Mission accomplished!

"Wendy, why are you so skinny?"
"Whattaya writing a book?"
No more questions from that person. Mission accomplished!

People are just ignorant and stupid and don't know that if you have nothing smart to say, then don't say nothing at all.

--------------------
Wendy IBS A thru Z
Taking it one day at a time...

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: "You're too skinny" comments are just as offensive as "you're fat" comments new
      #318603 - 11/14/07 10:09 AM
K2

Reged: 01/29/06
Loc: Canada

Haha I love it! I have to try some of those!

--------------------
Kat

Re: "You're too skinny" comments are just as offensive as "you're fat" - HERE HERE new
      #318623 - 11/14/07 11:46 AM
nikjones1977

Reged: 10/15/07

I cannot agree more - I feel this emense pressure from all of my family and friends to put on weight, which just makes me panic even more - if you put weight on quickly its bad for your health, I wish people who supposedly cared would just shut up and let me get on with it...xx There!!

#318635 - 11/14/07 01:20 PM

Unregistered

BendeeWendee,
Gotta love you! I must try these. I've been getting these stupid comments for the last 10 years and am always so frustrated! I always wish I could strangle these idiots! I definitely will work on my confidence to try some of your lines! I can't stop laughing!

#318639 - 11/14/07 03:35 PM
TATYANA

Reged: 07/22/07
Loc: Washington, Seattle

I love them all! Thanks, Bendee

--------------------
IBS-C since 2006. No signs of IBS now, it's been 4 yrs. Only dairy allergy now.

#318645 - 11/14/07 04:14 PM
BendeeWendee

Reged: 07/23/07
Loc: Brooklyn, NY

Yeah, I can't help myself. Now for the bigwigs at work, they're a tad smarter than your regular Joe Shmoe and they ask "wow, what are you doing to lose weight?" to which I answer, "i just reassessed everything in my fridge and I workout"--and that's the truth! They don't have to know why. Only my guys know why and that's what matters. Ah the office life. There's always an assortment of a$$holes.

--------------------
Wendy IBS A thru Z
Taking it one day at a time...

Re:Laura new
      #318679 - 11/14/07 07:25 PM
abby6126

Reged: 04/09/07
Loc: Towson MD

Hi Laura,

Coming from someone who has always been very athletic, working out helps more than you know. If you are doing a combination of both cardio and weights not only are you burning calories but you are gaining muscle. When I decided to gain weight I started decreasing my cardio slightly and incorporating more weights. I used to focus mostly on my shoulders, arms and back but have since then incorporated legs and butt and I have to say I feel so much better and am gaining more muscle and definition. The better I feel allows me to eat more and also helps me to go to the bathroom completely. So it all helps one another and so far the outcome has been me gaining 5 pounds and I am going to keep going because for the first time in a long time, I feel great! HOpe this helps and please keep me posted on your progress!

--------------------
Abby-IBS-C, Lactose Intolerant, fructose sensitive

#318698 - 11/15/07 05:52 AM

Unregistered

Oh yes, my "wonderful" mother-in-law who doesn't understand IBS & won't take the time to understand it thinks I have an eating disorder....fun times...

I was never on a diet! Paying for what sins? new
      #318713 - 11/15/07 08:56 AM
TATYANA

Reged: 07/22/07
Loc: Washington, Seattle

My mother thinks that I dieted myself so much that I got IBS. I never dieted! I started getting sick from fatty foods a while back and whenever I avoided them, she thought I was on a diet. It's amazing how some people always find a way to blame you for every sickness you get. My religious people say that I get sick because of my sins. It makes me angry. My sister gets mad when I mention lactose intollerance over the table. She gets irritated and tells me not to mention it because people will think I am weird. And she is 30 years old! I hate it when people get offended when I tell them I can't eat their dish. They don't believe my reason and take it personally, thinking that I am a snob. Agh!

--------------------
IBS-C since 2006. No signs of IBS now, it's been 4 yrs. Only dairy allergy now.

Re: I was never on a diet! Paying for what sins? new
      #318725 - 11/15/07 09:47 AM
Laura Renee

Reged: 05/17/07

I am so sorry. I know how that feels. My best friend, who's mom has IBS, still gets upset if she invites me to do something where I know I can't eat a single thing, if I decline. It really hurts me to think that people think I'm making this up. If my family invites me to go out to eat and they always insist on picking the restaurant, and I say no they have nothing there I can eat, they always say, Oh Laura, come on, can't you just go and sit with us? Surely there is something there you can eat? Like I want to sit and watch everyone else eat, or try to get the waiter at the Pancake House to make me an egg white omlette cooked in Pam or Olive Oil. HA! Thanks to everyone for expressing EXCACTLY how I've been feeling.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 4097 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 16808

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review