All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)
Re: Natural Calm Question new
      #313505 - 08/18/07 06:07 PM

Unregistered

Does it matter how much water you drink it in? I was drinking it in a coffee mug, hot.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: How much were you taking... new
      #313507 - 08/18/07 06:11 PM

Unregistered

I was thinking about taking it morning and night. Did you do okay during the day after taking it? I hate to be out and have the urge, but just at night isn't enough for me right now. Glad it's worked so well for you. I really like it as well. A side bar here. I have Chronic Fatigue Syndrome as well and NC gives me some welcome energy too!

#313508 - 08/18/07 06:13 PM

Unregistered

I 100% agree about the exercise. If I can't do my walk for a day I'm backed up again. I drink tons of water, but that exercise is so important.

#313509 - 08/18/07 06:15 PM

Unregistered

Me too. I feel that security with NC that I haven't with anything else. I didn't realize taking it every night though thus my back up. I'm going to try every night now and see how it goes for me. Worrying about if I took enough IF or too much was driving me nuts.

#313646 - 08/21/07 12:25 PM
Lisa Marie

Reged: 07/17/06
Loc: Lakewood, CO

Heather's diet is not a "low residue diet". The "Break the Cycle diet" is a low residue diet. For someone with IBS-C, you need to (patiently!) add in more and more IF. Personally, anything similar to a plum (grapes, raisins, prunes, etc.) give me horrible gas. I don't even touch that stuff. Remember that Heather is IBS-D, so she may talk more about a high SF diet, which is not always helpful for IBS-Cers. We need more IF than Ders do. Keep in mind that it takes a LOT longer for Cers to stabilize. It took me about a year. You have to just stick with the basics. Your doc is right: you need more fruits and veggies because they have more IF.

You need to incorporate IF into every meal and snack. Even if it's just a small amount. Try some homemade hummus or bean dip for an afternoon snack. Try a breakfast smoothie. But introduce new foods slowly, one at a time. All I can tell you is the diet DOES WORK, you just have to be patient and stick with it!

Perhaps post a typical day's menu, and maybe I can help you more.

Good luck! I know it's frustrating, but it will all be worth it in the end.

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!
Mommy to Rhiannon Marie (Dec. 13, 2008)

That's how I drink mine. -nt- new
      #313647 - 08/21/07 12:26 PM
Lisa Marie

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!

SFS = Soluble Fiber Supplement new
      #313648 - 08/21/07 12:27 PM
Lisa Marie

There's a post-it note at the top of the message board with some common abbreviations.

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!

#313672 - 08/21/07 06:49 PM

Unregistered

Exactly. I'm not on Heather's Diet. I was on the low residue diet now for over 6 yrs that a Gastro doc put me on for IBS. I only got Heather's books and fiber a few months ago. I got a little overwhelmed cause like you say she's IBS-D and I'm the complete opposite. I'm also afraid of the fiber since I'm on such little food to pass it out.

So sweet of you to suggest listing my day's diet. It's so basic it isn't hard to post. I would love if you could help make suggestions on what to import into my diet. Like what fruits do you eat that are safe, veggies, etc? I'm so overwhelmed how to do this and it seems everything new I'm trying is causing doubled over cramps and pebbles cause like you said plums etc were the wrong choice. I just didn't know.

Okay here is my diet and thank you so much. Are we allowed to post our e-mail address? If that is easier for us to talk let me know.

Diet: I drink 8 glasses of water per day

BREAKFAST

Brown rice warm cereal (or millet or kamut warm cereal) made with water
Patch of margarine
½ of banana
4 tsp of apple sauce unsweetened

4 cups of hot water sometimes more water

OR

One egg on kamut ½ bagel or slice of spelt or kamut bread dab of margarine KAMUT is wheat alternative bread at the health food store.

LUNCH

On the go a lot

Quarter size turkey patty (2)

Or
Slice of turkey and ½ of kamut or spelt bread

or tuna package for one

DINNER

Chicken with either brown rice pasta or brown rice or baked potato

Ground turkey with brown rice or pasta or baked potato

Or baked Salmon with either brown rice or brown rice pasta

Steamed asparagus and carrots every evening meal

SNACK AT NIGHT

Frozen banana
Apple sauce cup with 2 tbs of plain yogurt

Told you horrid, huh? I need help. Any input is so much appreciated! Thanks!

#313673 - 08/21/07 06:50 PM

Unregistered

Forgot with the diet I posted I also now take NC one tsp every few days at night. I tried 3 tsps but I got really bad stomach cramps.

#313694 - 08/22/07 07:05 AM
Jordy

Reged: 08/12/06

I find bananas very constipating. I don't touch them. I'll write more later when I have time. I need more IF too....

I think you need more IF fruits....like nectarines, berries, etc. Especially with your lunch. And you could substitute the SF fruits with IF for your breakfast since your rice is pretty safe.

More later.....did you try your Acacia yet. I'm in the same boat as you. Oh, you can post your email address in your profile.

--------------------
IBS-C with pain and bloat

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 404 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 43909

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review