All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)
Re: How much were you taking... new
      #312794 - 08/08/07 07:37 AM
Calli66

Reged: 04/11/07
Loc: New Mexico USA

Hi Lainey-
Just wanted to say that NC has really straightened out my BM--much softer now, and I don't have bloating and gas hardly at all. I started with 1 tsp morning and another at bedtime, but have cut that back temporarily to 1/2 tsp morning and night. It says on the container to use as much as you need to so that your BMs are "comfortably loose."

I also take lots of calcium--so that's different than your situation.

Hope it works for you.

C

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

#312801 - 08/08/07 09:40 AM

Unregistered

Thanks so much for replying. The one time I tried it it was great though didn't get to a loose normal stool yet so will increase as I go along, but so far I was very impressed! I take calcium in other supplements I have to take for other issues so I'm going to be okay with that.

Really anyone reading this, I was the worst of the worst with IBS-C due to an antib I took that messed up my flora. Nothing was working, but Nature Calm is wonderful. It's very true, it really took away the bloat and gas, that's why I haven't needed to try it again just yet. I figure I will take as needed. I will increase though and never thought about taking it morning and night. I'll try that, the bottle says it's fine. Thanks!

Callie and Lainey new
      #312884 - 08/09/07 06:53 AM
Jordy

Reged: 08/12/06

Are either of you taking an SFS?

I also need to take calcium...my bones are bad. I hate that I have to take it as I'm afraid it causes more C. I really should be taking more than I do (650 mg a day), but I'm afraid.

--------------------
IBS-C with pain and bloat

Re: Jordy new
      #312940 - 08/09/07 02:14 PM
Calli66

Reged: 04/11/07
Loc: New Mexico USA

I take acacia powder 2 tsp a day, one morning and one at bedtime. I take 1/2 scoop "Tri-Fiber" and it also has some SF in it. I take about 1200 mg calcium a day, and also Actonel for osteoporosis (my bone density has stabilized now).

I sometimes think that's too much calcium--I drink fortified "milks" and other stuff with calcium, too. I'm being tested for some other problems right now---low platelet count and low white blood count, so I'm wondering if my body's out of balance in some areas.

But I feel OK.

Calli

Re: Natural Calm Question new
      #313306 - 08/15/07 04:45 PM
Lisa Marie

Reged: 07/17/06
Loc: Lakewood, CO

That's great news!!! Isn't it a wonderful feeling when something finally works??

Good luck! And you can increase the NC fairly quickly - not at all like the Acacia.

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!
Mommy to Rhiannon Marie (Dec. 13, 2008)

#313307 - 08/15/07 04:46 PM
Lisa Marie

Good luck!! Though I must warn you: I believe the flavored kinds have artificial sweeteners and flavors in them. Those are typically things we IBSers avoid. Just wanted you to be aware.

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!

#313308 - 08/15/07 04:50 PM
Lisa Marie

The Effexor I was on was what caused me to NEED 2 tablespoons per day! Once I stopped that, all I needed was about 1 teaspoon per day. Wow!

I'm still taking 1 tablespoon of acacia three times daily. So far so good! I'm sorry you're still having trouble; I was wondering where you had disappeared to! Are you sure you didn't just go to quickly with the acacia? It took me a good year to get up to that dosage.

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!

#313502 - 08/18/07 05:59 PM

Unregistered

I'm IBS-C

I'm frustrated. Do you have to take the NC every night? Or do you use it when needed?

I saw a new Gastro doctor last week that I liked a lot, and he feels I should get off the IBS diet since it's a low residue diet and not enough to make me go. I'm on the very limited diet another Gastro diet gave me which took away basically anything that makes you go because I was flaring. My Gastro said that's okay when I'm in an acute state, but not all the time. That other Gastro never said that so I stuck with the limited diet for over 6 yrs now. This is why I had bought Heather's books so I could learn how to reintroduce food, and her fiber.

My new Gastro wants me to eat more fresh fruit and veggies. Ouch.

Well, I have tried a plum, no skin very ripe and mushy and although I didn't go that much I didn't have gas pains. I tried the Chinese eggplant steamed without skin and again didn't go that much, but did okay pain wise. I waited a few days each time so not to over loaded my gut.

I had a peach last night without skin and some NC. I hadn't had NC in over 2 wks because the first dose was great. Pebbles, but gas and bloat were gone and I felt good so didn't want to push it.

Since testing these foods I feel stuffed up so took the NC last night 1 1/2 tsps and I'm so constipated today and miserable. I'll up the NC tonight to 2 tsp, but I have a question. Is this the reaction most get in trying to introduce food off the IBS diet? I am following Heather's advice to balance it correctly, but I'm still stuffed up. I'm afraid I'll never get off this restricted diet I was put on years ago.

Also he wants me to add fiber and he was fine with Heather's, but I'm afraid it's just going to become a brick in there since I can't get myself to eat enough of the foods to go yet. Any input would be welcomed so much. I'm drinking so much water and walking so I can't understand why I'm not going. Grrrr Thanks in advance!

Re: Callie and Lainey new
      #313503 - 08/18/07 06:01 PM

Unregistered

What is SFS? I'm not great with the codes on here.

#313504 - 08/18/07 06:06 PM

Unregistered

I like the taste a lot. I got the plain, no flavoring.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1176 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 43922

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review