All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)
Re: How much were you taking... new
      #311910 - 07/24/07 07:13 PM
pts79

Reged: 10/31/06
Loc: Oklahoma

I suppose a person could always use more IF in their diet, so that could be a possibility. Since I'm still new at this, I'm trying to stay away from the already known possible triggers, so I might have gone too far with that since I haven't really figured out exactly what my triggers are. I do still eat those foods though without too much trouble most of the time. As far as water and exercise, at the minimum I walk two miles per day and drink lots of water. Water is my drink of choice anyway, so that's not a problem. By the third day I'm starting to feel backed up, but it's usually four days before I go.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

#312067 - 07/26/07 09:28 PM
Lisa Marie

Reged: 07/17/06
Loc: Lakewood, CO

Not necessarily. I think taking the NC every night removes the stress of "Did I eat enough IF today so that I'll have a BM tomorrow morning??" I always know that I will!

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!
Mommy to Rhiannon Marie (Dec. 13, 2008)

#312584 - 08/04/07 10:54 PM

Unregistered

I'm going to try Nature Calm tonight for the first time. I'm so fed up with nothing working I hope it ends up being a positive for me. I upped my apple sauce and water and still get pebbles.

I have a question. Years ago I did myself in with colonics. After I seriously almost died from messing up my electrolytes I've been very much afraid of mag. and calcium balance. So what I wanted to know is can you take this much mag. without any calcium supplement along with it? I guess you can since no one is mentioning to add calcium along with it? I know calcium would plug me up even more.

I'm going to start with what it says 1 teaspoon, but when I need to go with Milk of Mag I need 4 tablespoons to go so is 1 tsp going to do anything?

Thanks!

#312666 - 08/06/07 04:41 PM
Lisa Marie

Reged: 07/17/06
Loc: Lakewood, CO

Perhaps start with 2 teaspoons... unless I'm too late and you already started! Don't be afraid to take as much as two tablespoons; I was up to that level at one point! I have to be very careful with Calcium; it really makes my C bad, so I don't take much of it in supplement form. I try to get the majority of it from fortified rice and soy milk. I hope the NC works for you - it's worked wonders for me! Even though I'm stable, I still take 1 teaspoon every night.

Keep us posted!

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!
Mommy to Rhiannon Marie (Dec. 13, 2008)

Re: Natural Calm Question new
      #312697 - 08/07/07 05:32 AM
adobemoes

Reged: 02/23/04
Loc: Connecticut

Lisa Marie:
so I finally tried my NC (that I bought three weeks ago) last night and it was pretty good- I bought the lemon raspberry flavor and I could really drink it like a warm cup of tea- I started with 3/4 tsp so we'll see what happens- thanks for all your info!

#312732 - 08/07/07 11:20 AM
Jordy

Reged: 08/12/06

You are stable with only 1 tsp of Natural Calm? How were you able to go from 2 or so Tablespoons to just one tsp and continue to "go"?

I wish the Acacia had worked for me as much as it has helped you. How much do you take now? It doesn't cause you bloat or gas or anything like that?

--------------------
IBS-C with pain and bloat

#312735 - 08/07/07 11:35 AM
jewelie

Reged: 08/07/07

it states to start with 1/2 tsp 2x per day. do you know how it affects people with ibs-d

--------------------
i guess i have had IBS for awhile now but it is acting up more lately. i have started the acacia and it seems to help with the IBS-D. iwant to be able to eat and go places without having to worry. no one understands my problem.

Naturapanic new
      #312743 - 08/07/07 12:43 PM
Jordy

Reged: 08/12/06

Have you ever tried stopping all SFS? You have problems with bloating, like me. Don't you think the SFS makes it worse? Have you tried any other besides Benefiber.

I'm as frustrated as you!

--------------------
IBS-C with pain and bloat

#312767 - 08/07/07 05:21 PM

Unregistered

I have to say the taste is wonderful and I wanted more so anyone afraid of that, it really is a very refreshing taste. I think it shows promise. I only took 1 tsp and although it felt like I was going to have a real BM all I got were those what I call doodie balls, but it did empty it out some. I'm going to increase to 2 tsp now and see how I do, but it really is nothing to be concerned about like I thought, and I do pick up calcium in other products my body is used to so I get the balance. I think if I took a calcium pill that would do me in with IBS-C. Whoever told me about Nature Calm, thanks so much and I'll come back and report when I actually have a real formed normal stool. It's just reassuring I have this to fall back on. I hope I'm not speaking too soon cause sometimes with me it can work one time and not the next, but so far so good.

What I like about this is it's not like the Fleet or Milk of Mag. It is very natural.

Re: Natural Calm Question new
      #312768 - 08/07/07 05:25 PM

Unregistered

Lisa Marie, I think you were the one to tell me about Nature Calm as well and a ton of thanks. I got the non flavored and it's yummy. Like I said in my other post I tried 1 tsp, but I need more and will work my way to 2 now. It's very harmless so far for me so I'm trying to raise it slowly and see how I do. Great product! Do I dare believe there is some hope?

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2193 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 43835

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review