All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
everyone here should read this
      #311124 - 07/13/07 08:41 AM
crazylizardlady

Reged: 07/11/07
Loc: NJ

you have to go to this link. click on english (canadian company) and then read testimonials. it's about bio k plus probiotic. lots of positive testimonials from ibs sufferers. i've been using it for 2 weeks and have noticed huge improvment. i've had normal bowel movements now for 5 days. i'm D type. 1/2 bottle per day is what i've been using. check it out. it's worth it.
kath

www.biokplus.com

--------------------
IBS/GERD/Lactose Intolerant

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: everyone here should read this new
      #311140 - 07/13/07 03:24 PM
Gracie

Reged: 11/25/05

For IBS you should start off with 1/4 teaspoon. Stay at that dose for at least 4 days then increase your dose by 1/4 teaspoon. Stay at that dose for at least another 4 days then increase your dose by 1/4 teaspoon. Keep repeating that until you get to one whole bottle. Then stay at that dose (1 bottle) for at least 3 months to see maximum benefits. Then go down to 1/2 a bottle a day for maintenance.

#311153 - 07/13/07 07:28 PM
lolachochola

Reged: 11/16/04

Is anyone able to tell me about BioK as opposed to Garden of Life 'Primal Defense'? I started the Primal Defense just a few days ago so I cannot tell you is anything is happening yet...however, I would like to know if I should add in the BioK with the Primal Defense or switch to BioK. I am terribly confused. I have spent so much money on products to stabilize my gut(which I am not regretting-I am getting there) but would like more info. on what would be best in the long run...Thanks.

#311224 - 07/15/07 06:16 AM
Gracie

I've used both (at different times) and I prefer Primal Defence. The Bio-K gave me too much pain, gas, and D. I gave it 3-4 weeks and those symptoms didn't decrease. Probiotics shouldn't make you feel that bad except for a few days to a week because you're going through a 'die off' period.

You need to give any probiotic 90 days to really see benefits. In my opinion, stick with the Primal Defence for at least that amount of time. If at the end of the 90 days you don't feel much difference then I'd suggest trying the Bio-K or other brand of probiotics until you find one that is good for you.

#311226 - 07/15/07 06:37 AM
ElenaDragon

Reged: 06/04/07

I tried Primal Defense for 2 months and didn't notice a difference. I didn't want to put any more money into it, so I stopped taking it. No difference upon stopping it either.

--------------------
Lisa
IBS-A, Interstitial Cystitis, Migraines

#311232 - 07/15/07 09:43 AM
Gracie

Different probiotics work for different people, that's why you need to try different ones to find out which one works best for you.

I'll reitterate though, you should give probiotics 90 days to see a difference.

Edited by Gracie (07/15/07 09:52 AM)

#311236 - 07/15/07 10:16 AM
ElenaDragon

Reged: 06/04/07

I understand what you're saying. Some of them can be pricey though, and I just wasn't willing to buy another bottle and try another month's worth.

Right now I am trying Digestive Advantage IBS. For $22 (with shipping) on Amazon I got a 90 day supply. So we'll see how that goes.

--------------------
Lisa
IBS-A, Interstitial Cystitis, Migraines

#311249 - 07/15/07 01:44 PM
lolachochola

Reged: 11/16/04

thanks for your alls input. I will continue with the Primal defense and see how it goes. I do feel more gassy since beginning with it but hope in time it will subside.

#312251 - 07/30/07 10:24 AM
Toady

Reged: 04/06/06
Loc: A small city, Northwestern Ontario, Canada

On your suggestion, and reading K2's other posts about Bio-K I finally bought some. It's hard to get here - only 1 store sells it and it is $26 + tax CAD for the 6 bottles.

I started with 1/2 TSP yesterday and today 1 TSP. Tomorrow I will do 1/2 TBSP and then 1 TBSP. I can't afford to have a bad reaction!! I'm sure hoping this will help my digestion out a bit more!! Plus I have a stock of soy yoghurt at home, but the amounts of probiotic in it are actually laughable compared to the Bio-K.

--------------------
Cassandra

Live like there's no tomorrow. Love like you've never loved before.

IBS A 20+ years, Chronic Migraines, Chiari Malformation (decompressed June 22, 2010), Brachial Neuritis, and ??? the list just keeps growing, but I'm still shiny side up!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1220 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1893

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review