All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Really bad day, moved GI appt up to tomorrow
      #3109 - 03/18/03 09:07 AM
ecmmbm

Reged: 02/23/03
Loc: North Carolina

I was supposed to meet with the GI Monday, had arranged for the kids to be taken care of and all that. But it's been such a bad couple of days that when I talked to Mom earlier (mother in law and, besides Eric, best friend I'd say) she encouraged me to call and see if they could take me sooner. They are going to see me in the morning. It is very frustrating to feel like I am doing everything I know to do right - the diet has certainly helped in that I at least feel like I can eat, I'd lost 20 pounds from lack of appetite combined with fear of eating. But the diet has taken care of everything, and that is the cause for concern that this is more than IBS. Add to that I've seen some blood in my stool lately - that is a new development. And the chronic fatigue... it's hard not to wonder what on earth is going on in there!!! They will probably probe me to death and find "nothing" but have to find out one way or the other, I guess. Now if I can just last until tomorrow morning. I'd love to lie down on a heating pad and let it try to pass but that's pretty much impossible with a 4 year old, 2 year old, and 9 month old to care for. The nearest family is 4 hours away, they'd be here ASAP if I called but they all work, I'm not going to do that. Besides, I've dealth with it this long, what's another day or so? Anyway, thanks for listening. Wonder if anyone else has found that they have other "issues" besides just IBS?

Thanks.

--------------------
Take care,
Michelle
...the greatest of these is LOVE. (I Cor 13)

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Really bad day, moved GI appt up to tomorrow-Hang in there!! new
      #3149 - 03/18/03 12:48 PM
Peanut

Reged: 02/09/03
Loc: England

Sorry to hear that you have had a bad few days and have found other things wrong. I just wanted you to say, hang in there!! We all care!!

Sheri

--------------------
So much baking, so little time.....

Re: Really bad day, moved GI appt up to tomorrow new
      #3152 - 03/18/03 01:05 PM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

I'm so sorry you're going through all this!! (While I'm not yet a mom, I teach 21 five year olds--so I can only imagine what you're going through! I don't have time to stop and have a sip of water while I teach!)

And, yes, I do have something other than IBS--hemerroids! They can definately cause blood in your stool--but if your symptoms are IBS D than it's probably something else--hemerroids are casued from straining during a BM. If you are IBS C I'd be happy to tlak to you more about my symptoms etc.

Hang in there! You must be strong since you've made it this far--plus you have kids so close together in each (adorable btw!) and they love you a lot! It sounds like you have a close family connection--a BIG plus--and a great support system--plus the board is always here for you! Please let us know how it goes tomorrow morning!! In the meantime, take care!

Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

#3161 - 03/18/03 01:52 PM
ecmmbm

Thank you so much guys. And thanks for the hemorrhoids (sp?) suggestion. I've had those before, for sure (IBS C here too) but I don't know that I have any now, which is why I am concerned?? But can't you have those inside, too? That's probably all it is. My family Dr's biggest concern was the 20 pounds I've lost. I just haven't had that much appetite and the chronic C has made me not want to eat anything. Heather's diet has definitely made eating more bearable, I thought with chronic C I was supposed to be eating ruffage and high insol fiber all the time. Can you say CRAMPS AND PAIN!? Anyway, we'll see what he says tomorrow. I'm a little scared now that the appt is actually upon me, silly I guess but I got these kiddos here and they need a healthy mama, you know what I mean?? Thanks for all the kind words and support. For once in my life I think hearing that I have IBS would sound like good news.

--------------------
Take care,
Michelle

#3165 - 03/18/03 02:00 PM
torbetta

Reged: 01/24/03
Loc: New York

Just to let you know you can have hemrroids with IBS D. I had a sigmonoscopy (not sure sp.) two years ago and the dr. said I had them from the explosive D episodes.

#3167 - 03/18/03 02:03 PM
torbetta

Hemrroids can be inside. I hope everything goes well tomorrow and you don't have to go a long time before you feel better. I remember calling my husband home one day because I couldn't take care of my kids. It was horrible. I feel for you.

#3169 - 03/18/03 02:08 PM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

I had NO IDEA you can have hem. with IBS D, thanks for the info!!

Btw, I'm SO SORRY you had to go through that--calling your husband to come home cause you couldn't take care of the kids-- I hope to have a really big family one day, God willing, and family is VERY important to me! I can't imagine what that must have been like for you--I'm so sorry! I hope you're feeling better these days--thanks again for the info!

Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Re: Really bad day - Hemorroids (I don't know how to spell it either!) new
      #3172 - 03/18/03 02:10 PM
SharonMello

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Groveland, CA

Michelle - hemorroids are vericose veins of the rectum. I believe they're inside and come out with BM, if I remember correctly. It's better that you can see the blood rather than it being occult (only seen thru microscope/testing). The labs kept finding occult blood in my husband's stool (they did the tests because blood work came back slightly anemic and he was getting indigestion and nausea) and they were trying to find where the blood was coming from. They finally did the opposite-end colonoscopy (can't remember what it's called!) and they found a linear ulcer in his stomach. They gave him Prilosec and the nausea has just about stopped, no more indigestion and, hopefully, no more blood. Yours is probably from hemorroids. Let's hope that's all it is. We can deal with that, right?

Don't worry, everything'll be fine and dandy. You'll see. Try not to fret--we don't want those "lower" muscles getting any tighter and tense than they already are!!!

Sharon

--------------------
Sharon
"Anything Chocolate"...that is all!

#3175 - 03/18/03 02:16 PM
torbetta

I am much better and my kids are older. My five year old can almost prepare breakfast and lunch for herself. She can make cereal w/o milk and she can get out lunch meat and yogurt. Very helpful when I don't feel like getting up at 6:30 with her to make breakfast. I am also happy about that becuase she may have to make breakfast this summer if I become pregant. I had the typical morning sickness with both of them and then nausous all day. It is usually worst right around 15 weeks pregant. Those are also the days you think now why did I want a baby again? I was just thinking about that today. The baby in the end definatly makes it worth it.

#3178 - 03/18/03 02:24 PM
ecmmbm

I've been almost to that point today but he was off all last week on vacation so I was trying really hard not to do that. My worst so far was when I caught a stomach virus from my kids after several days of not eating well due to the pain/etc of the IBS. Well, throw vomiting into the mix and BAM - I hit the floor like a sack of taters. Mom had to come help me a couple days until I got my strenth back, so Eric would not miss some important meetings at work. The real miracle is that when I actually fell out in the florr, he was supposed to be in California but it was cancelled at the last minute. I'd have been here ALONE and it's not like I know anyone all that well here yet (we've only lived here 6 mos). So anyway the Lord looks out for us. Thanks again!

--------------------
Take care,
Michelle

#3183 - 03/18/03 02:30 PM
ConcreteAngel

Reged: 02/12/03
Loc: New Jersey,USA

issues.... lol. yeah, i have plenty of them..im
a) ibs-d
b) have acid reflux disease
c) have a problem with menstrating
d)am tired all the time
e)have had my share of sleep probs
Issues.... so many, but taking them one at a time

--------------------
-Angela
Healed in Jesus' Name

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1364 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2106

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review