All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Mayonaise Question
      #310731 - 07/08/07 07:56 PM
tahitisweetie123

Reged: 07/08/07

I've been suffering from IBS for the past two years and have finally been to have it under control since May. My digestive track stays balanced & normal as long as I avoid the foods that trigger IBS. I've been doing sooo good, that I figured a tunafish sandwich with mayonaise would hit the spot for lunch. Now, I know that mayonaise is one of my trigger foods, but since I haven't eaten in such a long time, I was craving it & thought it would be easy on my stomach. Unfortunately, the tuna sandwich tasted yummy going down, but boy did I regret eating it about 30 minutes later. My question is, how long does it take for your digestive track to get back to normal after having an IBS attack from food you've eaten (such as mayonaise)? I was fine by dinner time yesterday, but then today my IBS flared up again a bit after lunch today. I figure I just have to wait it out until I get all the mayonaise & tuna out (gross, I know). I'm just going to eat plain foods for the next couple days--do you think everything will be back to normal after that? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Mayonaise Question new
      #310733 - 07/08/07 08:23 PM
Zara

Reged: 06/07/06

It's hard to say since everyone's different. I think that after a couple of days you should be fine. It can take anywhere between 1-3 days for me to get back to normal.

--------------------
IBS-C, bloating, cramps
pregnant

Re: Mayonaise Question new
      #310748 - 07/09/07 06:28 AM
kimberste

Reged: 04/22/07

It usually takes me 2-3 days to recover from a dietary indescretion.

I know this wasn't your question, but I found a brand of mayo at the health food store called Spectrum Naturals light Canola Mayo. It is vegan (no eggs) and has no high fructose corn syrup. It also has only 3.5g of fat per Tbsp. I went looking for mayo because I love potato salad in the summer. I use just enough mayo to keep the potatoes moist, and mix it with a natural mustard. It would probably work for tuna too. I haven't had any reaction to eating it, so it may help you when you get a craving.

Hope you feel better.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2386 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 560

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review