All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Too good to be true?
      #310718 - 07/08/07 05:06 PM
KayCee

Reged: 06/16/07

I'm pretty much on the go all day and don't get to come home for lunch, so I eat a good breakfast and snack all throughout the day until supper. Since starting the IBS diet over a month ago I find that I eat a lot more than I used to, as I used to have very irregular eating habits, not eating much throughout the day until the evening, which I am sure did not help my IBS in the slightest bit. I feel like I'm eating so much, though I snack on low fat foods like rice cakes, oatmeal squares, dry cereal or homeade banana bread from the recipe board, and yet I've noticed that I haven't really gained any weight despite eating more. I've been feeling like I eat so much but I wonder if it's just because I'm not used to eating consistently throughout the day, and as I said I have not gained weight in almost 2 months on the diet. Has anyone else had a similar experience or is it just wishful thinking on my part? Just wondering if I should keep worrying or if this is just a great benefit of the IBS diet that I should just stop worrying about and enjoy!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Too good to be true? new
      #310729 - 07/08/07 07:37 PM
Gracie

Reged: 11/25/05

Are you looking to gain weight?

#310742 - 07/09/07 05:58 AM
cejay

Reged: 08/27/06

I found that I was also eating more, but as you said it was healthier so I have not gained but have lost weight. One of my big problems is that if I eat a lot I tend to get sick and throw up. Of course, I do have a bad case of GERd and that is part of my problem. But I may have a turkey sandwich for lunch and eat only half so I put the rest up and maybe a couple of hours later eat the other half. I do snack on plain soda crackers, rice cakes, peanut butter, and some fruit throughout the day. It has helped tremendously, along with the exercise I do to help the C part of my IBS-A

#310764 - 07/09/07 10:06 AM
Gbridelady

Reged: 05/30/07
Loc: Indiana

I've noticed also that since being diagnosed about 6 wks. ago with IBS I initially lost about 10 lbs. and it seems difficult to put it back on, but I'm not worrying about it because I am feeling so much better than before the diagnosis, thanks to Heather's diet, the acacia, and all of the help on the message boards. It is hard for me though to keep from getting hungry, seems like I eat and in a couple of hrs. I'm hungry again. I'm sure a lot of this is just because I'm trying to get used to eating properly, still learning what triggers my gut, and of course, I never ate properly before. This IBS has really taught me a lesson--you need to take care of yourself. I still have so much to learn. But everyday is a new day. I have to hang in there. I admire you IBSers who have finally gotten yourselves stabilized. I hope to be able to say that one day. Sorry for getting so far off the subject--but I was overjoyed to get back in my jeans this past weekend that I hadn't worn for 3 years!!!!! I couldn't believe it!!!

--------------------
Gloria
IBS-C, lactose intolerant

#310887 - 07/10/07 04:58 PM
KayCee

Reged: 06/16/07

Noo not at all I do not want to gain weight thatt's why I'm worried

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 4514 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 988

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review