All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Disney Vacation
      #310458 - 07/05/07 07:08 AM
AndrewIBSC

Reged: 03/23/07
Loc: PHiladelphia, PA

Hello everyone- I am going to Disney with my wife and wanted to know if you had any ideas on how I could eat and enjoy myself and limit attacks. Anyone know any specific places to eat safe meals in Disney? Thanks in advance, Andrew

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Disney Vacation new
      #310510 - 07/05/07 03:01 PM
melinda413

Reged: 05/09/07
Loc: Findlay, OH

I just got back from Disney about 2 weeks ago and I was so worried about having an attack. We had the Disney dining plan and had to eat at certain places on the plan but I had almost no issues with anything I ate. The one place i can warn you about is the Restarauntosaurus in Animal Kingdom. It is literally a McDonald's without the options I can eat. They don't even have chicken sandwhiches there and I ended up giving in and eating a burger and fries. Sure enough I was sick within 2 hours. Other than that they had so many choices of what to eat everywhere else I had no problems. The best were the fancy places because they all were basically a buffet with tons of options, so I ate lots of little portions, it was heaven!! Good luck!

--------------------
Melinda
IBS-A but leans toward C mostly

#310599 - 07/06/07 10:33 AM
Toady

Reged: 04/06/06
Loc: A small city, Northwestern Ontario, Canada

I spent 8 days there on my honeymoon in April. It was FANTASTIC - avoid the Italian restaurants - their chefs do not listen!

Awesome food at the California Grill on top of the Contemporary Hotel - I told them what I couldn't have and they custom made me roast chicken, baby potatoes, chantrel mushrooms and some pureed veggie (can't remember) I have NEVER had such a good meal! And NO troubles.

Each meal at Disney (on the dining plan) includes an appetizer or salad, entree and dessert and non-alcolohic drink - it is a LOT of food. I would opt out of the appetizer. I took the dessert back to our room and my DH enjoyed it later.

As we spent 8 days there, I found AWESOME counter service meals too -
At MGM - Backlot restaurant - Grilled veggie sandwich is awesome.
At Animal Kingdom there was an awesome sandwich place near Africa called Pizzafari. Even Flame Tree BBQ wasn't bad.
In Magic Kingdom - Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe has 3 restaurants - burgers, soups and sandwiches. Sandwiches have lots of options and good.

Plus the desserts for counterservice often have frozen lemonade "ice cream" which is great. And snacks from the vendors - pretzels, frozen lemonade or lemonade slush, strawberry frozen bars - MMMMMMMmmmmmmm

Oh yeah, and if you ask, they grill the chicken SEPARATELY from beef, pork, etc!

Oh, and the rides / attractions are fabulous!! (Can you tell I had an awesome time?)

If you need more info, let me know!

--------------------
Cassandra

Live like there's no tomorrow. Love like you've never loved before.

IBS A 20+ years, Chronic Migraines, Chiari Malformation (decompressed June 22, 2010), Brachial Neuritis, and ??? the list just keeps growing, but I'm still shiny side up!

#310644 - 07/07/07 03:34 AM
Kim2884

Reged: 09/10/05
Loc: CT, USA

I went to disneyworld last july for my honeymoon, and was able to eat mostly safe foods without any problems. My saving grace was this website: http://www.allearsnet.com/menu/menus.htm
It lists places to eat in each park/resort, and has menus for all of them! I planned in advance where I was going to go based on what each place had on their menu.

--------------------
Kim

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 358 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 661

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review