All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
chiropractor suggested this.....
      #310154 - 06/29/07 10:41 AM
melinda413

Reged: 05/09/07
Loc: Findlay, OH

I have been going to a very well respected chiropractor in my area for about 4 weeks for chronic headaches that I have been having. He has mentioned to me more than once that he could possible help my IBS. I respect him very much and he has done wonders for my carpal tunnel like symptoms I had in my arms, and my headaches are slowly going away when conventional doctor's basically told me I was screwed. I wondered if anyone else had gone to one before for IBS and if anything they did helped?
The reason I am posting this here is because i also mentioned probiotics to him because I wanted to see if he had a suggestion for which brand to use. He tested me in the wierd way chiropractors do their tests and gave me something he said is not exactly a probiotic but that it should help me. It is called Morinda Supreme and it is the capsule form because he said the powder tastes awful. Has anyone tried this before and if so does anyone know if it will affect what I eat in any way? I'm not sure if I should take it with food or without or even if I should start slowly like I have read here that you should with regular probiotics. Please help if you now anything about this!

--------------------
Melinda
IBS-A but leans toward C mostly

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: chiropractor suggested this..... new
      #310156 - 06/29/07 11:17 AM
Life.Is.Random

Reged: 03/06/06
Loc: NJ

I have been going to a chiropractor weekly for the past year now, and let me tell you, he has done wonders for me! I came in at about 100 lbs at 5'5 with bad C, abdominal pain, and gas. But now I'm 113 lbs, with very little pain and gas, and no more C. I went to two gastro-docs, had many tests (colonoscopy, endoscopy, barium test, stomach emptying, several blood tests, stool samples, etc.), and took pretty much every pharmacutical medication out there, with no results (I even got worse some of the time!). This is going to sound really corny, but I owe my chiropractor so much, because he has given me my old body back.
Sorry to have gone on and on like that, but that's how good he is. I don't know about Morinda Supreme, but I do think probiotics are a good idea. I'm sorry I couldn't help you more.

--------------------
Tierney
IBS-C
www.StandardProcess.com[/url] = the home of REAL supplements

Re: chiropractor suggested this..... new
      #310160 - 06/29/07 11:42 AM
ECM

Reged: 08/23/06
Loc: Jasper, GA

First let me say that I am a firm believer in Chiropractic. I too was plagued with headaches for years that conventional drs couldn't help. My tennis elbow was "cured" by chiropractic when all the conventional dr wanted was to do surgery. Based on this, I was sure my IBS could be "cured" through chiropractic. I only went for a month & a half, twice a week before I ran out of money. (My insurance wouldn't cover it) I noticed no difference in the pain or gas.
I would like to add that I have come to realize that the pain & gas seems to be related to the amount of stress I am under at any given time. I don't think chiropractic will help my stress level.
That is my experience. Maybe I wasn't able to give it enough time.

--------------------
Snookie, IBS-C

Not a probiotic new
      #310162 - 06/29/07 12:03 PM
Syl

Reged: 03/13/05
Loc: SK, CANADA

Morinda Supreme is made from the Noni fruit which is sometimes called the Indian Mulberry. Here is a fairly recent review article

It definitely is not a probiotic and it is unlikely to be a prebiotic either. I believe it would fall into the general category of other dietary supplements. It might contain a high amount of IF so be careful if you give it a try. I sort of doubt it will have much if any impact on your IBS symptoms.

Personally I find it annoying and I get suspicious when a health professional recommends/sells dietary supplements for diseases they are not qualified to treat.

--------------------
STABLE: ♂, IBS-D 50+ years - Science of IBS

The FODMAP Approach to Managing IBS Symptoms
Evidence-based Dietary Management of Functional GI Symptoms: The FODMAP Approach
FODMAP Chart & Cheatsheet
The Role of Food & Dietary Intervention in IBS

Re: Not a probiotic new
      #310170 - 06/29/07 01:38 PM
melinda413

Reged: 05/09/07
Loc: Findlay, OH

Thanks for the great article! I did do my own research online but had trouble finding anything besides Noni juice info.
I understand that some people may be trying to promote certain products but I am 100% sure that was not the case with my chiropracor. It is proven that chirporactic can help many many things that you wouldn't think it could help. I don't know if he can really help with IBS or not but he told me up fron that he has had good results with some people and not as good with others. He also told me up fron that this Morinda was not a probiotic and that it would help with yeast issues which I also have. With all the problems I have had with IBS and the absolute no help that I have gotten from traditional medicine I am totally willing to try anything he wants me to. Also I am from a small town so there are not many options for me around here besides online stuff like here.
Either way thanks for the great aricle and I am going to try the bottle he gave me and see if it has any effect and if it doesn't it is no different than the millions of other random products i have tried in the last year!

--------------------
Melinda
IBS-A but leans toward C mostly

Keep us posted new
      #310172 - 06/29/07 02:06 PM
Syl

Reged: 03/13/05
Loc: SK, CANADA

Please drop a note back to this message thread after you have tried it and tell us what you think.

Good luck.

--------------------
STABLE: ♂, IBS-D 50+ years - Science of IBS

The FODMAP Approach to Managing IBS Symptoms
Evidence-based Dietary Management of Functional GI Symptoms: The FODMAP Approach
FODMAP Chart & Cheatsheet
The Role of Food & Dietary Intervention in IBS

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1708 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1421

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review