All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Re: Eating out new
      #310296 - 07/02/07 01:31 PM
ElenaDragon

Reged: 06/04/07

I'm also looking for a recommendation on digestive enzymes. Preferably ones that don't cause extra gas since it is my main problem.

--------------------
Lisa
IBS-A, Interstitial Cystitis, Migraines

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

#310302 - 07/02/07 02:01 PM
melinda413

Reged: 05/09/07
Loc: Findlay, OH

I have been using Beano and find that it helps a lot with certain foods. I have also just ordered GasStop at my local HFS and that should be coming in today or tomorrow. I have read some good things on here about that product. I wil let you know if it works!

--------------------
Melinda
IBS-A but leans toward C mostly

#310311 - 07/02/07 02:30 PM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

Yes, it is frustrating! Sometimes (a lot of times, in my experience) restaurants will post their menus online. This will let you see ahead of time, what choices you have. Also, when you order let the waiter/waitress know that you have food sensitivities. Rather than go into a long discussion about IBS (since not everyone understands or sympathizes), I just say that I have a dairy allergy and usually they can accomodate my order. Other than that, I avoid red meat and high fat food and stick with water or I'll ask for hot water and sip peppermint or ginger tea before the meal is served. (I'll bring my own tea bags if I don't think they'll have tea.)

You can have your salad! If you read Heather's book she recommends eating the salad after your meal, after you've had a good SF base and when your stomach's not empty. I believe she says this is how it's eaten in France. Make sure you get a low-fat, dairy free dressing.

#310319 - 07/02/07 03:39 PM
abby6126

Reged: 04/09/07
Loc: Towson MD

I agree with Maria. I usually always check the menu in advance. If it isnt posted I make sure to tell the server that I have an allergy to dairy and order chicken or fish

--------------------
Abby-IBS-C, Lactose Intolerant, fructose sensitive

#310323 - 07/02/07 05:02 PM
Liv1415

Reged: 06/21/07
Loc: Oregon

I know, it's hard for me too. I find that I can get grilled seasoned chicked usually, but with no fried sides (usually get rice or a baked potato....or veggies that aren't to gas-causing). I feel your pain about being wheate intolerant. I am not wheat intolerant, but I am hypoglycemic so I tend to have to eat a lot more protein than most people. That's kind of hard with IBS because a lot of the "safe" foods are pretty "carby". I'm learning new things every day, though......Thanks to this website!!!!

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1933 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2953

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review