All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Newbie, but not really
      #309453 - 06/20/07 02:59 PM
Pud

Reged: 06/20/07
Loc: Long Island

Ok.. in a nutshell.. i'm a newbie.. but not really.. i was posting here up to a little over a year ago... i was told i had celiac disease.. still felt bad.. finally got health insurance and i have been seeing a really great gi and after a year of altering my diet to align with that of a celiac.. i dont have it!! yay!! but still.. not sure what is wrong with me.. i have a dr apt on friday.. she is going to try different ibs meds.. i'm hoping this is it!! i tried the eating for ibs diet for a couple of months.. didn't really help more than the celiac diet..

in another nutshell..
i've been having digestive issues since i'm a toddler
i am now 22
used to be just the big d almost every day
now i get it sometimes only once or twice a week
and now its just lots of bloating and gas..

and suggestions?

thanks!!

--------------------
Pud
Long Island
IBS-D & SIBO - main symptom GAS

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Newbie, but not really new
      #309454 - 06/20/07 03:03 PM
kamikat

Reged: 11/17/06

Just want to say that I went through a similar thing. I followed the celiac diet for 8 years before I finally got diagnosed with IBS. For me, the IBS diet alone didn't help much, but the diet combined with low dose Elavil has completely eliminated all my symptoms.

#309481 - 06/20/07 06:36 PM
njsue

Reged: 06/01/07

Have been trying ibs diet,not really helping me much.I am interested in the low dose elavil? Could you tell me how many milligrams you are taking? And how long before you noticed a difference?Dr.appt.next week will ask if I could be helped,you never know it could be a magic pill!Thanking you in advance

#309585 - 06/22/07 06:51 AM
kamikat

Reged: 11/17/06

I take 25mg of elavil at bedtime. For me, it was a magic bullet. However, it is not recommended for people with IBS-C, as it can cause C. For me, it eliminated the severe D attacks, only. In order to control the gas and bloating, I still need to follow Heather's diet. It took about 6wks to see results.

#309588 - 06/22/07 07:50 AM
njsue

Reged: 06/01/07

Thank you,I have very little experience on the computer,and type like a snail,I have ibs-d and I am trying to manage it without drugs,not going very well,maybe elavil will help,won't hurt to ask? again thank you.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 777 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1072

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review