--------------------
Originally IBS-D for a million years!
Then IBS-A, Now a transformed slightly C

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Hypnotherapy, In Heather's Newsletter--Really The Answer? new
      #309077 - 06/15/07 12:10 AM
Naturapanic

Reged: 02/16/06

Diet has shown SOME improvement but all means it is NOT the be all end all and in order for it to be most effective it needs to followed extremely stirct and rigourously, and even then is subject to problems.
It's excellent for short term relief and putting out a "fire" but the restrictions are so strict and rigid that it is not a long term answer by itself.

I've been told by my nutionist and doctor food is part of the problem but really exaberates it, that it can only do so much and that mind body is a better thing to focus on IN conjuction.

--------------------
IBS-C and Bloating

#309078 - 06/15/07 12:13 AM
Naturapanic

Reged: 02/16/06

Quote:

Well, my obvious answer is that not everyone tries hypnotherapy. I am one who never has, and probably never will - not because I don't believe it'll work, but because I can't afford $100 for the program offered here, nor can I afford to see an actual hypnotherapist. I chose to focus instead on diet, lifestyle, and medication, and *eventually* it did work. Would stabilization have happened quicker if I did the hypno? Entirely possible.

I do hope you hear from a good cross-section of people who've tried hypno. I know of a couple people who've used it with great success, but - not surprisingly - they don't post here anymore. I'm assuming you've already read the posts over on the hypno board, too?

As for the meditation, I would continue with it, personally. I don't see any reason why it would interfere with the hypno, or how both techniques *couldn't* be useful. Even if it doesn't end up specifically helping with your IBS symptoms, meditation is wonderfully calming and centering - and who doesn't need that?

Good luck.

Thanks Atomic Rose.
If you don't mind, HOW specifcally did you get stable, what medications and what were your symptoms?
Did you like me have lots of anixety?

I ask to draw a paralell.

Also, is this more suited for pain like cramping OR can it help with c, gas, bloating, and constant obsessing over food, how clothes fit, and feeling my stomach, or fabric?

--------------------
IBS-C and Bloating

#309170 - 06/15/07 08:21 PM
line415

Reged: 09/09/06
Loc: New Jersey

It is supposed to help with the obsessing about the IBS. It is hard to say which came first for me...the chicken or the egg. In other words, either I started to stabalize first, thus making me feel more confident and less anxious about the IBS, OR my mind calmed down and the reduced anxiety made the IBS symptoms subside. See? I believe it was a conjunction of the two. It certainly can't hurt for you. It seems C'ers have a harder time than us D'ers but you sound like you need a new direction and that the thoughts about it are what are bothering you a lot right now. Give it a try and I would also talk to your doc about possible meds (although be careful b/c some make you more C which of course was good for me but not you). Feel better.

--------------------
Originally IBS-D for a million years!
Then IBS-A, Now a transformed slightly C

#309613 - 06/22/07 02:25 PM
shandy

Reged: 12/21/04
Loc: Alabama

For me, yes. Absolutely. Hypnosis cured my IBS. I am now symptom-free after a lifetime of discomfort and embarrassment. I spent the last five years searching for the answer and I found many. Some helped, some hurt. Some cost me a fortune, some didn't cost me a dime.

Michael Mahoney's 100 day hypnosis program did the trick. Not right away - I had to do the entire program and then do it again about half way thru.

Now, I drink coffee. I drink wine. I eat fruits & veggies all day long. I eat steak. I can even eat FRITOS! With Salsa!!!

However, I will say something that may not be popular, but it's true. Another big factor is my cure is that I stopped talking, thinking and obsessing about my IBS. I stopped explaining to people about my "food sensitivities". I stopped hanging out on this board. I stopped identifying myself as an IBS sufferer. I no longer discuss my bathroom habits with anyone. In fact, I hesitated to write this post because I simply don't want to think about having IBS.

Do I have days where my tummy hurts? Sure. But probably less than the average human being. The bad news is that now that I can eat like a regular person, I've gained 8 pounds! Well, I guess IBS was good for something, huh?

Here are the things I've done, in the order of importance, that contributed to my cure:

1. Eliminated wheat and soy from my diet forever
2. Hypnotherapy
3. Stopped identifying myself as an IBS sufferer
4. Walk immediately after eating
5. Follow food-combining rules
6. No binge-eating

I'm sure there are other things, but these are the ones that occur to me right now.

Yes, it IS possible. Yahoo!!!! Life begins at 40!

--------------------
Jennifer
42 years old
Neither D nor C - just sluggish

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2128 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3124

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review