All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
I need to know.......
      #308803 - 06/08/07 10:13 AM
AndrewIBSC

Reged: 03/23/07
Loc: PHiladelphia, PA

I have read stories of D and A people stabilizing. However, I have yet to read a post from someone that was C and stable. If there are any out there can you please let me know just so it will give me a boost. I am definately feeling better but today is not going too well so it would help to hear some success stories. Thanks in advance.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: I need to know....... new
      #308804 - 06/08/07 10:18 AM
chitchat1

Reged: 05/09/07
Loc: Michigan

I'm there with you Andrew, that is a very good observation and question, and it would give me hope as well! I'm IBS-C. Sorry to disappoint if you thought this was a positive reply but in a way it is, you aren't alone!:-)

#308812 - 06/08/07 02:01 PM
tiredofpain

Reged: 11/25/06

I have been on the EFI diet for seven months, and while I wouldn't say that I am stable yet, I definately feel better and when I do have flare-ups, they are not as bad as they once were and they do not last as long. I can even go out of town now and not be rolled up on a ball on the couch for a week once we return. Hang in there! It is a slow process and it does take longer for those of us with C to get stable.

BUMP new
      #308841 - 06/09/07 02:12 PM
AndrewIBSC

Please tell me there is someone who is C out there and stable.

#308843 - 06/09/07 03:37 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

I know OF someone who's C and stable... my friend Rachel, who used to post here. Unfortunately, she has a toddler now and is too busy to hang out on message boards. But she stabilized a few years ago, and has stayed that way.

#308849 - 06/10/07 05:35 AM
AndrewIBSC

Thank you Casey it helps to hear a success story from a C'er.

#308854 - 06/10/07 12:26 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

Actually, now that I'm thinking about it, I'm thinking of other C people who stabilized, but don't post here anymore. I have a crap memory, though, so I don't remember usernames. Kandee is one. Kandee was a huge help to me when I was a newbie, incidentally - she's one of the people who really stressed that it takes a long time and a lot of patience.

I've been here too long. None of my inspirations are around anymore!

#308879 - 06/10/07 10:11 PM
LittleFox

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: California

I am "C" and was stable for over three years. I still consider myself to be stable, but I have had some flare ups since I started dieting and exercising.

I have started over again, but it is nothing like it was in the beginning!! Atomic Rose (Casey) was a great help to me when I first found this board. She actually helped me stablize with her great advice.

It is possible, don't give up!!!

Lene

--------------------
God never promised life would be easy, but he did promise to provide a way out!

#308883 - 06/11/07 01:58 AM
abby6126

Reged: 04/09/07
Loc: Towson MD

I was wondering; When everyone says stabalize, does that mean that you went 3 years without any fare ups and no extra gas or problems with eating?

Thanks,
Abby

--------------------
Abby-IBS-C, Lactose Intolerant, fructose sensitive

#309025 - 06/13/07 10:40 PM
LittleFox

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: California

That's the way it was for me. Three years of no IBS symptoms. It's beautiful.

You always know you have IBS and take the necessary precautions but the feeling of being "normal for IBSers", is unbelieveable.

I started dieting and exercising about a month ago. While doing this, I foolishly thought that since I eat lil soy dreams without any problems I possibly could have soy yogurt. That is when my three years went down the tube. The soy yogurt and the intense ab workouts sent be back in time!

I am back to myself now, but sticking with what I know works best for me. My stabilization has returned and I am going to keep it this time.

If I could get rid of the "pregnant look," I would be overjoyed. I am working on it with cardio.

Becoming stable with IBS is possible, well as possible as can be considering we have IBS, I am living proof.

Stick to the diet, drink lots of water, exercise and you will be posting that you are stable.

Lene

--------------------
God never promised life would be easy, but he did promise to provide a way out!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 386 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2690

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review