All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
Re: Questions new
      #310398 - 07/04/07 09:58 AM
abby6126

Reged: 04/09/07
Loc: Towson MD

Thanks for the reference. I am going to take a look at it and if I cant find it, I will be sure to ask. How have you been doing with fruit? Do you eat any and if so what and how? Thanks!

Abby

--------------------
Abby-IBS-C, Lactose Intolerant, fructose sensitive

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Questions new
      #310451 - 07/05/07 05:32 AM
Syl

Reged: 03/13/05
Loc: SK, CANADA

I did not eat any fruit for about a year. Lately I have introduced semi ripe bananas, deseed kiwi fruit and strawberries. Most berries and stone fruits are low in fructose. Also, citrus fruits are low in fructose. However, most stone fruit such as cherries, peaches, nectarines and plums are high sorbitol so I stay away from them. Sorbitol is a sugar alcohol that by itself can act as a laxative but in combination with fructose produces more problems for fructose malabsorbers.

Here is a message that I posted before about fruits and fructose.

Good luck.

--------------------
STABLE: ♂, IBS-D 50+ years - Science of IBS

The FODMAP Approach to Managing IBS Symptoms
Evidence-based Dietary Management of Functional GI Symptoms: The FODMAP Approach
FODMAP Chart & Cheatsheet
The Role of Food & Dietary Intervention in IBS

Re: Am I weird? new
      #310452 - 07/05/07 06:40 AM
Life.Is.Random

Reged: 03/06/06
Loc: NJ

I'm the same way. I was able to tolerate dairy products, even though it was on the bad list. I've also found that I can tolerate more "natural" artifical sweeteners, like stevia and xylitol. Everyone's different.

--------------------
Tierney
IBS-C
www.StandardProcess.com[/url] = the home of REAL supplements

#310465 - 07/05/07 08:39 AM
welshsarah

Reged: 06/30/07
Loc: England, UK

How do you guys figure out what you're intolerant of and what you're not. My body's too unpredictable. May my IBS needs to stabilise before i can do that?

--------------------
Sarah
IBS-C

#310467 - 07/05/07 09:04 AM
Snorkie

Reged: 02/15/05
Loc: Northern Illinois, USA

Some of finding out what your tolerances are is trial and error. Or at least, for me it was that way. For example, initially, I did not think I had a problem with dairy, but once I cut it out, I felt better. And, until I stabilized, I tried to be very careful with experimentation.

Except when I was very, very unstable, HCFS has not been a problem for me. Now, it seems like just about everyone is saying do not touch the stuff. When I first came on the boards 2.5 years ago, if I recall, it was mentioned as something not everyone can tolerate, but not that it was totally verboten.

There are also some things I can tolerate that are major triggers for others. I won't list them here because I don't want to newer people to think what's safe for me is safe for them, nor do I care to hear someone tell me I'm doing it "wrong," but suffice it to say that IBS is an individual thing and we all have at least a few different tolerances/intolerances.

#310468 - 07/05/07 09:07 AM
welshsarah

Reged: 06/30/07
Loc: England, UK

Thank you for your response, much appreciated

--------------------
Sarah
IBS-C

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 4701 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5039

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review