All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
Re: whats wrong with white rice? new
      #349636 - 09/01/09 11:10 AM

Unregistered

I thought white rice was a good sf base? any ideas why it can cause problems? are potatoes in general alot more tolerable?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

#349637 - 09/01/09 11:18 AM
dragonfly

Reged: 05/12/08
Loc: canada

Rice is supposed to be good but again not everyone is the same.

Do you eat alot of white rice?Are your symptoms bad?
Try eliminating rice for a while and instead eat white bread or potatoes.
I would eat chicken,carrots and rice and I noticed my ibs wasn't any better so I stopped rice and subbed in potatoes and i noticed within a few days the D was better.

I haven't been following the EFI diet but I do sometimes come back to it It's always in the back of my mind and i always think about what i am going to eat..whats in it...how it will effect me ...and if i am OK with those results.

I would say i am 95% stable.
I go a few days with nothing and then one day with d but only in the morning and then I'm good.

I also take Lorazepam once in a while and just knowing i have it usually keeps away my IBS.

HTH

--------------------
IBS-D since 1999...mostly stable..i do cheat too.Bad me.

#349639 - 09/01/09 11:32 AM

Unregistered

yes my ibs is bad. I have bm's everyday,not d but lots of bms. my sympstoms are lots of incomplete evacuation,trapped gas,spasms,but hardly every any pain,sometimes I get some cramping before a bm,harldy every really painful,but sometimes I just can't move for like a minute and then go to the bathroom and have a large bm or something. It would take a while to see what's causing my symptoms as I haven't been eating ibs safe. But I am so determined right now to put all my time and energy into getting better. A co-worker who will be quiting in a couple days asked me to take a trip,and I said I had to work,but the real reason is I'm so bad I have to be around my fennel tea,and be at home because of my severe ibs then I work 5-11pm.

One thing is I get extremly loud crazzy nasty noises when I push in places,I've even noticed when I push sometimes that I feel I'm going to throw up acid or I burp..I don't feel like I have a heartburn..maybe the acid problem is just there..sometimes I feel a little nasous though.

I'm going to wal mart,since this town is really small and my parents aren't going to drive me to wal mart then another grocery store in one day,I buy my stuff at wal mart. I'll be putting potatoes on my list..anything else I should add?

oh so far today I ate 2 bananas with 1 peach and some light vanilla soymilk as a smoothie and a couple fat free lightly salted saltines.

#349648 - 09/02/09 05:55 AM
dragonfly

Reged: 05/12/08
Loc: canada

Well i also could tell you that soy is a trigger for me.
I can not tolerate it at all.

You could also try colonic massage.It might help I know when I start having cramping I know its only a matter of a few minutes for me to get to a bathroom but once there it sometimes feels like I still have to go so I rub with my fist in a circle gently from th ebottom right side of my abdomen up to ribs across body and down left side

You can feel where the blockage is and concentrate rubbing there gently until it moves.It always works for me and I finish up and am good for a few days again.

I used to be a D'er but tend to alternate now.I am never C but I can go for five days with no urge to go.So I will sit down and make myself go and the I am good again.

--------------------
IBS-D since 1999...mostly stable..i do cheat too.Bad me.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2683 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 22840

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review