All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Semi-urgent and potentially paranoid question
      #308490 - 06/04/07 04:11 AM
Emily H.

Reged: 02/28/05
Loc: Luxembourg, LU

I have to have an MRI tomorrow, and they'll be injecting me with contrast dye. Had anyone ever had IBS symptoms from the dye?

Thanks!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Semi-urgent and potentially paranoid question new
      #308491 - 06/04/07 05:03 AM
Toady

Reged: 04/06/06
Loc: A small city, Northwestern Ontario, Canada

I've had several MRIs with the injection dye. Usually I feel flushed and hot while they inject it, but fine after a minute or so. I don't usually have any tummy troubles or anything afterwards.

Good luck.

--------------------
Cassandra

Live like there's no tomorrow. Love like you've never loved before.

IBS A 20+ years, Chronic Migraines, Chiari Malformation (decompressed June 22, 2010), Brachial Neuritis, and ??? the list just keeps growing, but I'm still shiny side up!

#308496 - 06/04/07 07:17 AM
IBSHell

Reged: 05/09/07
Loc: Connecticut

I haven't had an MRI but recently had a ct scan. I had no reaction to the dye but horrible reaction to the barium stuff you have to drink. If you just have to deal with the dye, you'll be fine. You will feel flush and almost like you're peeing, but that's normal.

#308500 - 06/04/07 08:24 AM
Betharoo

Reged: 01/28/05
Loc: Ontario, Canada

I had one about a month ago and I didn't experience any IBS symptoms from it.

--------------------
Microscopic Colitis, IBS-A, GERD, Hiatal Hernia
Bethany, Ontario, Canada

more info. on CT scan new
      #308508 - 06/04/07 10:14 AM
CMW

Reged: 04/24/07
Loc: VT

I am having a CT scan in a little over a week and didn't even think about having a reaction to it. Could you tell me a little more about what to expect and maybe if the test is even worth it???

#308515 - 06/04/07 11:40 AM
Emily H.

Reged: 02/28/05
Loc: Luxembourg, LU

Thanks for your responses!! I only have to deal with the injection, as it's just for a potentially fractured bone, but I was still worried. Now I just have to figure out how to smuggle a book into the tube so I don't get bored. ;o)

Re: more info. on CT scan new
      #308516 - 06/04/07 11:57 AM
IBSHell

Reged: 05/09/07
Loc: Connecticut

I'm sure there are people out there that know more, but I was told it would rule out ulcers and a whole bunch of other things. The next fun test in the Colonoscopy which I have in a few days.

Things might be done slightly different, but I had to drink 32 ounces of barium. I was given 2 packets to mix with water to drink the morning of. I did get a bit nauseous from it. By the time I got there, D was just starting to kick in. The tech wanted me to drink some more barium but I begged saying how nauseous I was and she just had me drink some water. The barium caused terrible D. I had to leave work after an hour. My doctor's office advised me to let it run it's course, if I possible could b/c it had the potential to harden if it stayed in my system. I think I was OK by the time I went to bed. I was told that this was a rare occurrence. Don't know if that's true or not. It's not worse than having a bad D attack, although I recovered quicker than I do from IBS attack. My doctor seemed to think it was very important. You may not have any problem at all.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1320 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1260

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review