All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Acacia & Airline Security ???
      #308453 - 06/03/07 12:35 PM
Strixowl

Reged: 05/26/06

I hope this is the right place to ask.

I'm getting ready for a flight to see friends and relatives.
I'm concerned about airline security and carrying my life saving "white powder" acacia. Since you can't take liquids past the gate and I use to take a mixed (acacia-H2O) water bottle onboard. Now I have no idea how to deal with this. I really don't think it would go over well taking out my white powder and mixing it in water I purchased passed the gate. Seems it might freak out other passengers.

Also how do I get past security with my "white powder" acacia, so I have some to use on the other end. Any ideas? Anyone experience problems with and security when boarding airplanes?

I sure wish acacia came in tablets, it would be so much easier for travel. Acacia is the only product I will use as it's far and above all the others.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Acacia & Airline Security ??? new
      #308466 - 06/03/07 04:52 PM
Gracie

Reged: 11/25/05

You can carry it in its original packaging, that way they shouldn't question it. I know other people have travelled with acacia so hopefully they'll chime in soon.

#308479 - 06/03/07 07:26 PM
Lisa Marie

Reged: 07/17/06
Loc: Lakewood, CO

I recently made it through several airports, including Customs carrying both Acacia and Natural Calm. I called TSA ahead of time, and they suggested just carrying it in their original containers (don't have to be "sealed"), and even presenting them to the screeners. When I offered to show the substances to the security screeners, they said they didn't need to see it! So, no worries at all.

If you REALLY want to be safe, get a note from your doctor. That's what I did since I was going on a cruise and had several security check points to get through. However, I never actually used the letter. It just gave me peace of mind knowing I had it if I was questioned.

Good luck, and have a great trip!

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!
Mommy to Rhiannon Marie (Dec. 13, 2008)

#308501 - 06/04/07 09:00 AM
Strixowl

Reged: 05/26/06

Thank you both. Now I'll wait to see if I get more responses

#308522 - 06/04/07 12:36 PM
ElenaDragon

Reged: 06/04/07

Hello! I have taken my Acacia powder in a plain piece of kitchen tupperware with no labeling on it on at least two round trip flights now (4 flights total). The most recent was in April. I didn't take it out of my bag and no one said anything about it. I probably had about 1 - 1.5 cups of it in there. They restrict liquids, but as far as I know they haven't called out powders. So I'm sure you have nothing to worry about! If you want to be safe, you can take it in the original package or bring the original package with it for labeling.

--------------------
Lisa
IBS-A, Interstitial Cystitis, Migraines

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 670 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 822

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review