All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
what to mix acacia with
      #308389 - 06/02/07 09:42 AM
Carolynjoy1228

Reged: 04/12/07

Hi everyone.

I just got my first acacia delivery. I've read all about how to switch over from my current supplement.

My question is: can I mix it in with water? I drink water all day long, and usually that's the only drink I'll have all day. I know it says it's tasteless, but how is it in water? I hate tea.

The only other drink I have is a smoothie. How would I mix it with a smoothie, since it says to pour it into an empty glass? Can I pour it into the blender with my smoothie?

Thanks!

Carolyn
IBS-C

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: what to mix acacia with new
      #308393 - 06/02/07 10:13 AM
Gracie

Reged: 11/25/05

Hi, you can mix it in any liquid including water and it's tasteless. It's best to start off with 1/4 teaspoon 2 times a day. The teaspoon is a cooking teaspoon with exact measurements.

If you put the acacia in a smoothie it should be okay since other people sprinkle it on other moist foods without problems.

#308454 - 06/03/07 12:40 PM
Strixowl

Reged: 05/26/06

I always drink it straight up in water. No taste. No problem. If going out I mix it in a Nalgene bottle and I'm good to go.

#308476 - 06/03/07 06:12 PM
line415

Reged: 09/09/06
Loc: New Jersey

I tried water and it didn't work for me but I know others seem to do okay if they shake it.

I mix it in oatmeal, smoothies (yes, the blender would be fine but be sure you plan on drinking all that's in the blender), applesauce, warm pasta/rice, sprinkled on the miracle whip on my sandwich (you can taste a little but no big deal), and daily...my soyfee (like coffee)...I put the acacia in the bottom of my mug, then pour the hot soyfee in in a circular fashion. It always mixes fine. If ever it doesn't mix in something well, just be sure to use a fork, not a spoon, to mix it up. Hope you like it as much as many of us do!

--------------------
Originally IBS-D for a million years!
Then IBS-A, Now a transformed slightly C

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 197 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 628

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review