Re: What am I doing wrong? bump-nt new
      #308365 - 06/01/07 05:31 PM
blackrvn5

Reged: 04/02/07
Loc: Virginia

--------------------
Susan
IBS-A, Gas, Pain, Reflux
"The first in time and the first in importance of the influences upon the mind is that of nature. Every day, the sun; and after sunset, night and her stars. Ever the winds blow; ever the grass grows."
Emerson, August 31, 1837

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: What am I doing wrong? new
      #308368 - 06/01/07 06:07 PM
Gracie

Reged: 11/25/05

Hsve you tried the fennel tea for the gas? Make sure the tea you use has a high volitile oil content like Heather's.

You need to slowly and safely incorporate IF with every meal. For example make sure the fruit smoothie has a banana in it, and add one fruit, maybe two to see how you handle it. For lunch, incorporate some kind of IF vegetable with a SF base. Have a few pieces of pineapple or cantaloupe after your regular breakfast.

#308369 - 06/01/07 06:35 PM
blackrvn5

I usually start the day with peppermint tea and then end it with the fennel. I'll try the melon and that after breakfast and with lunch. My hubby just picked up a melon last night. Thanks for all the advice!

--------------------
Susan
IBS-A, Gas, Pain, Reflux
"The first in time and the first in importance of the influences upon the mind is that of nature. Every day, the sun; and after sunset, night and her stars. Ever the winds blow; ever the grass grows."
Emerson, August 31, 1837

#308377 - 06/02/07 05:05 AM
santino75

Reged: 05/30/07

Youre eating too much wheat, thats your basic problem. Bread contains wheat, pasta and rice krispies too. Knock the wheat completely on the head for 6 weeks. If you stick to this I guarentee things will improve drastically. If you find it tough to give up bread then you defo know that wheat is the source of your problems because the very thing that causes our digestive problems is the thing we crave the most. Wheat can really mess up your digestive tract so much so that it causes difficulties for other foods you eat. Food that shouldnt give you problems but does all because of the wheat. As a result you may eliminate a food from your diet that is perfectly fine only becasue wheat has messed up your digestion that previously inocuos food is now troublesome. Seriously knock the wheat on the head for 6 weeks and see what happens.

#308383 - 06/02/07 08:16 AM
Gracie

Reged: 11/25/05

Those foods you're telling her to cut out are her SF base which is the basis of the EFI diet. They are safe unless she has a problem with wheat and a doctor can do an allergy, and celiac test for that.

Please read the information on the website, not just the message boards so you can understand the diet as a whole.
Diet Guidelines .

Edited by Gracie (06/02/07 08:20 AM)

Unlikely to be wheat new
      #308384 - 06/02/07 08:33 AM
Syl

Reged: 03/13/05
Loc: SK, CANADA

It is highly unlikely that wheat is a problem unless you suffer from celiac's disease.

There is a lot of misinformation about wheat and gluten frequently given by misguided and uneducated nutritionists at HFS.

The gold standard for diagnosis is the small intestinal biopsy, done during a procedure called endoscopy. Blood tests that indicate higher than normal levels of specific antibodies are also used to support the diagnosis, but positive antibodies are not required to make the diagnosis.

Unless you are diagnosised with celiac's disease by a physician there is no need to remove wheat from your diet as it is an excellent source of SF and resistant starch.

--------------------
STABLE: ♂, IBS-D 50+ years - Science of IBS

The FODMAP Approach to Managing IBS Symptoms
Evidence-based Dietary Management of Functional GI Symptoms: The FODMAP Approach
FODMAP Chart & Cheatsheet
The Role of Food & Dietary Intervention in IBS

Re: Unlikely to be wheat new
      #308414 - 06/02/07 06:04 PM
blackrvn5

No I don't have Celiac's. I was given the blood test back in December and had a colonoscopy and upper endoscope earlier this year.

--------------------
Susan
IBS-A, Gas, Pain, Reflux
Emerson, August 31, 1837

Re: Peanuts OK?? new
      #308415 - 06/02/07 06:16 PM
blackrvn5

Are peanuts ok for an IF snack? I'm not a lover of any other nut and love peanuts.

--------------------
Susan
IBS-A, Gas, Pain, Reflux
Emerson, August 31, 1837

#308418 - 06/02/07 06:51 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

are the muffins homemade, LF and dairy free? Do the rice krispies or toast have HFCS?
Also if you are C, since you are on miralax I suppose so, you should have some IF in there and you have none. IMO IF is a must for C but within a buffer of SF.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Re: Peanuts OK?? new
      #308419 - 06/02/07 06:52 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

I would avoid them until you are more stable. They are iffy. I eat them but find them tough on my system and it is hard to have enough calories to make up for the high fat. Just wait a while.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 5001 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 8061

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review