All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Tingling in my legs
      #307946 - 05/24/07 07:34 PM
jason61

Reged: 04/12/07

does anyone here experience tingling/numbness in their legs? i was wondering if it can be caused my a vitamin deficiency or something like that. i usually notice it more in the evenings and in the middle of the night if i wake up.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Tingling in my legs new
      #307951 - 05/24/07 08:15 PM
Gracie

Reged: 11/25/05

You should talk to your doctor about that. It may be something simple that he or she can fix.

#307967 - 05/25/07 05:32 AM
kimberste

Reged: 04/22/07

I second that. Back injury, nutritional deficiencies, restless leg syndrome - there are a lot of possiblilties. Any neurological symptoms should be checked out by an MD.

#307969 - 05/25/07 05:36 AM
Flipada

Reged: 03/02/06
Loc: West Michigan, USA

I'd see your doctor. Is it in the front of your legs, back? Any other pain? I have a tingling/numbness/hot/cold in my left leg but it is associated with my sciatica (nerve pain in my back). Definitely talk to doc about it.
Good luck.

--------------------
Flipada - IBS-C "It's a gas, gas, gas"
**Lauren**

#307972 - 05/25/07 06:50 AM
AndrewIBSC

Reged: 03/23/07
Loc: PHiladelphia, PA

Thought you guys might find it interesting that the company GSK actually invented the problem of "Restless Leg Syndrome." My wife works for GSK and they discovered a chemical combination that relaxed the legs so they invented the phrase for marketing reasons. Gets everyone with a tingle wondering whether or not they have "RLS" as GSK has coined it. Gotta love corporate America. I wouldn't worry too much about it everyone tingles from time to time due to stress. Try taking a Multivitamin and sticking religiously to the diet. Good luck!

#307973 - 05/25/07 07:04 AM
tc2004

Reged: 05/26/04
Loc: Texas

Mark,

I have Restless Leg Syndrome. Anyway my legs are tingling but so are my arms daytime and nighttime. I have medication for it. Talk to your Dr. Also are you anemic by any chance? Because being anemic can cause RLS symptoms, and also I believe lacking the B vitamins especially B12 also contributes to this, I am not certain but you could ask your Dr.I hope this helps

Terry

#307983 - 05/25/07 09:45 AM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

My boyfriend and I were just talking about this last night. Apparently, a good self-help treatment for restless leg syndrome is to go for a walk. Imagine that!

That said, I noticed my legs got twitchy when I started taking lexapro - medications can screw with you that way. You could also try taking a multivitamin. If it really bothers you, or if you recently did anything that could have caused injury - a fall, a pulled muscle, a twisted ankle - get checked out by a doctor.

I'm assuming you asked this here at least partly because you're wondering if such a thing is an IBS symptom, and it definitely is not.

Hope that helps a bit!

RLS new
      #307985 - 05/25/07 09:59 AM
Syl

Reged: 03/13/05
Loc: SK, CANADA

Restless leg syndrome ( RLS history ) has been reported in the research literature as far back as 1944. There have been over 350 papers published on the RLS since the 1960s.

I believe what GSK did was to run an marketing campaign in 2006/2007 for Requip, a drug that was original approved for Parkinson's disease in 1997. Its use in RLS was approved by the FDA in 2005. The campaign increased public awareness about a disease that was rarely mentioned even by physicians.

--------------------
STABLE: ♂, IBS-D 50+ years - Science of IBS

The FODMAP Approach to Managing IBS Symptoms
Evidence-based Dietary Management of Functional GI Symptoms: The FODMAP Approach
FODMAP Chart & Cheatsheet
The Role of Food & Dietary Intervention in IBS

Re: RLS new
      #308032 - 05/27/07 06:09 AM
tc2004

Reged: 05/26/04
Loc: Texas

Syl,

I want to tell you since I have RLS, I found the article link you posted very interesting. Thanks for posting the link.

Terry

tingling with IBS symtoms new
      #308103 - 05/29/07 05:49 PM
line415

Reged: 09/09/06
Loc: New Jersey

I just wanted to note that I often got tingling in my ankles/toes when I was having a d attack. It was one of my symtoms that I even mentioned to my GI who had never heard about it and dismissed it. I would feel cold and curl up in a ball in between d attacks and even while on the bowl I could feel the discomfort in my feet. Since I have been stable, this sympton has gone away completely. Are you getting the pain associated with an IBS attack or just intermittently throughout the day/week?

--------------------
Originally IBS-D for a million years!
Then IBS-A, Now a transformed slightly C

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 208 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 7539

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review