All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
need something different to drink!
      #307807 - 05/22/07 03:41 PM
EmilyM

Reged: 05/13/07
Loc: Chicago, IL

I'm sick of drinking water - I know it's good for me but I need something with flavor! Normally I would grab a diet sprite or mix OJ with carbonated water, but those are no-go's. Any ideas?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: need something different to drink! new
      #307814 - 05/22/07 04:20 PM
Gracie

Reged: 11/25/05

Have you tried squeezing some lemon or orange in your water? You can also mix cranberry or pomegranate juice in your water.
You can also try different herbal teas, hot and cold.

#307840 - 05/22/07 08:51 PM
EmilyM

Reged: 05/13/07
Loc: Chicago, IL

Ooh that sounds good! Thanks!

#307896 - 05/23/07 07:00 PM
meimei

Reged: 12/02/06
Loc: Chicago

Hello,

Tazo Tea makes an amazing herbal tea called Wild Sweet Orange. It is an herbal infusion and is caffeine free. It is awesome! You can ice it too. Tazo has another herbal infusion called Passion that is really, really good! Starbucks sells both of them by the cup, so if you wanted to taste them before buying a whole box for yourself, that would be a good idea. I don't think they will ice it though. You really should try them!

Also, if you like coffee but can't drink it, there is a replacement called Caffix that can be served hot or iced. It is a roasted grain beverage and has no caffeine. I like it iced, with a little sugar, and a shot of Solk soymilk creamer. Yum!!

Caffix??? new
      #307900 - 05/23/07 09:06 PM
line415

Reged: 09/09/06
Loc: New Jersey

Where do you get caffix? Does it really taste like coffee or more like tea? Currently I drink Soyfee and I love it but I wouldn't mind adding another replacement to my cupboard. I have tried some others but I don't like the chickory taste. How is it sold? Do you brew it? Thanks.

--------------------
Originally IBS-D for a million years!
Then IBS-A, Now a transformed slightly C

#307902 - 05/23/07 10:45 PM
Tilden

Reged: 08/13/06
Loc: Bay Area

Starbucks does sell Passion tea iced. I get it all the time. You just need to get it unsweetened, they put some type of syrup in there to sweeten it. You could put a little sugar in to sweeten it up to your taste.

--------------------
Jen

Re: Caffix??? new
      #307908 - 05/24/07 06:41 AM
meimei

Reged: 12/02/06
Loc: Chicago

Hi,
I get Caffix at my HFS. It is sold in a jar and looks like freeze-dried coffee. It has a coffee taste kind of like the old-fashioned Taster's Choice crystals! It is made out of roasted grains: barley, rye, chicory, and beet roots. I really like it, although you may not due to the chicory. It is simple to brew...just add hot water then ice.

BTW, what is Soyfee? Does it contain any real coffee?

#307916 - 05/24/07 08:50 AM
GaiasSong

Reged: 07/12/06
Loc: SC (IBS-D/P) - STABLE! Spring 2007

Quote:

Hello,

Tazo Tea makes an amazing herbal tea called Wild Sweet Orange. It is an herbal infusion and is caffeine free. It is awesome! <snipped>

Yes, it is *absolutely delicious*... but I found out it was giving me D. Citric acid is listed pretty high up on the ingredient list and I think that's what was doing it. Based on personal experience, I advise caution for those who are sensitive to acidic foods. But if you can tolerate it, you will LOVE it.

--------------------
Check multiple sources and make the best-informed decision possible!

#307962 - 05/24/07 10:34 PM
sun

Reged: 11/26/06

i tried pero, the french roast pero...it tastes pretty good with my vanilla rice milk. it must be like caffix,has some of the same stuff in it...i'm yet to get myself over to whole foods and get some soyfee..

--------------------
ibs-c,gerd,small hiatal hernia ...thank you for the board and for helping me with my questions.<3

Re: Caffix??? new
      #308104 - 05/29/07 05:55 PM
line415

Reged: 09/09/06
Loc: New Jersey

Thanks. No, soyfee does not contain any real coffee. If you go to soyfee.com, you can get all the info. It is basically ground soybeans and you brew it like regular coffee. Interestingly, the soy does not give me gas/bloat, whereas other soy products do. You should give it a try.

--------------------
Originally IBS-D for a million years!
Then IBS-A, Now a transformed slightly C

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 771 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3368

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review