All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)
Re: Sommer new
      #309150 - 06/15/07 05:00 PM
catnut

Reged: 04/08/07
Loc: Kentucky, USA

I've never thought of putting an Altoid in water when I needed something desperatly. That's a good trick to remember. I do ask for hot water at restaurants that don't serve herbal teas and I always carry a couple of my own tea bags. The server thinks your odd asking for hot water till they see you put a tea bag in it but it works for me. Also, I make the peppermint tea in a big pot, boil the water add the tea leaves and let them sit till it's cool. Then I use a regular strainer to strain them into a pitcher. I put it in the fridge and I have tea at a moments notice. It's been wonderful for late night issues when the crop up and I need something fast. Just microwave and drink. It beats having to make tea at 2AM. :-) It's also a lot cheaper than tea bags.

--------------------
Catnut IBS-C for many years, finally diagnosed in 2005. Wheat and dairy sensative.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Sommer new
      #309157 - 06/15/07 05:16 PM
Sommer

Reged: 02/09/04
Loc: Phoenix, Arizona USA

Oooh, that's a great idea Catnut. I could certainly brew up some loose tea leaves in a pot on the stove and then strain them in a regular strainer. Thanks, don't know why I didn't think of that. *grin* And yeah, I know sometimes the server looks at ya funny but it's a very reasonable request so I stopped feeling bad about asking for just hot water. I honestly don't trust my stomach to try the teas that restaurants usually serve, so using the Altoids is a really simple solution for me. The one thing that does make me feel odd is asking the server to bring my salad after the meal instead of before the main meal; ok I admit I haven't actually asked yet! I'm still working up the nerve to be a non-conformist, lol! Although I think in some cultures eating the salad after the meal is normal. For ppl w/IBS it's really the better way to go since the veggies are easier eaten w/a base of SF. Some restaurants I go to serve sourdough bread and so I try to eat that before I dig into salad. Perhaps on my next excursion to a restaurant, I'll make a compromise and ask for my salad to be served w/my meal. Hehe. Good luck w/the Altoids in water.

My hope is that my first purchase from Heather's site can include some loose tea and the Acacia, but it'll be a long while yet before I can afford that.

--------------------
XOXO from lil' ol' me. (IBS-C, mood disorders, etc., etc.)

Re: I need help with IBS-C input new
      #309162 - 06/15/07 06:24 PM
Sommer

Reged: 02/09/04
Loc: Phoenix, Arizona USA

Quote:

Miralax is only prescribed by doctors.

I've seen an OTC Miralax, but to be honest, I didn't look at it that hard, so I don't know anything about the OTC version.

--------------------
XOXO from lil' ol' me. (IBS-C, mood disorders, etc., etc.)

#309246 - 06/17/07 05:23 PM
LittleFox

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: California

Yes I can eat "baked cheetos." It is not a trigger for me now. In the beginning, of course, I was very careful about what I ate; the consequents could be unbearable or send you back to "what to eat when you can't eat anything."

The Lil Soy Dreamers are still a mystery to me. I can eat them with no problem, yet soy yogurt, soy milk and anything else with soy throws me intensely in to"C."

Remember, it took me over a year to become able to eat baked cheetos so take your time and it will all come to pass.

Good Luck!!!

Lene

--------------------
God never promised life would be easy, but he did promise to provide a way out!

#309248 - 06/17/07 05:33 PM
ElenaDragon

Reged: 06/04/07

Miralax used to be prescription only. The OTC version is new, but you can buy it OTC now.

--------------------
Lisa
IBS-A, Interstitial Cystitis, Migraines

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 205 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 24243

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review