All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Re: Vegetarians - I need your help new
      #308136 - 05/30/07 10:53 AM
yvebart

Reged: 04/19/07

I have been reading along with you all in your discussions about being a veggie and having IBS. Its such a difficult thing to cope with and then make substitutions for things.

I am HUGE vegetable and fruit lover and so it's a tough thing cooking for myself and eating out. I end up with very simple meals.

Thanks for sharing the oatmeal bread recipe. I have been looking for a good one and so I'm excited to try this one.

Just wanted to let you all know I'm reading along with you and I support you all in good health.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

#308246 - 05/31/07 01:16 PM
Lisa Marie

Reged: 07/17/06
Loc: Lakewood, CO

Amy's Kitchen makes quite a few vegan/vegetarian frozen dinners and soups! I eat the soups for lunches once in awhile. The frozen burgers are YUMMY - my favorite right now is the Texas burger.

For frozen dinners, there is a dairy-free black bean and vegetable enchilada dinner and a few new dairy-free Indian dinners. You do have to watch the fat content on these, though. I used to love the tofu lasagna, but I think it has milk protein in it. At any rate, the burgers and soups are a good choice!!

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!
Mommy to Rhiannon Marie (Dec. 13, 2008)

#308264 - 05/31/07 02:15 PM
IBSHell

Reged: 05/09/07
Loc: Connecticut

Thanks. I'll look for those too. I think I've now bought every variety of milk substitute they make. I better find something I like by the end of it. At least I know I can use the soy milk in cooking. I was surprised to realize I like soy ice cream. Go figure. I'm trying to be more rigid with the diet, but it's soooo difficult. But there's no way I'm going to be able to figure out whether or not I'm reactive to something unless I try. I still pray that I'll be able to have cheese now and then. I have found that a daily helping of rice to be a godsend for D and it even seems to help me stay more regular when I swing back to C. So rice every evening seems to be working wonders. I think after I suffer through my colonoscopy next week, I can get into a better routine. I really appreciate everyone's suggestions.

#308266 - 05/31/07 03:40 PM
Lisa Marie

Reged: 07/17/06
Loc: Lakewood, CO

if you like soy ice cream, have you tried soy delicious purely decadent??? lots of people on here RAVE about it! my fave is the cookie avalance (basically oreo cookie ice cream), but others like the peanut butter zigzag. i can't believe i'm saying this, but that one is just TOO chocolatey for me!!

if it helps, my favorite milk sub is pacific foods vanilla rice milk. it has a creamier consistency, more like regular milk. Yum! honestly, you'll get used to everything eventually. at first, i REALLY missed cheese and tried every substitute i could find. but nothing really replaced it for me, so i gave up. now i don't even miss it. if you find the right recipes, you don't need it any more!! i try to cook more vegan, and i LOVE sarah kramer's three vegan cookbooks. look her up on amazon!!

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!
Mommy to Rhiannon Marie (Dec. 13, 2008)

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 6102 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2069

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review