Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Whole eggs??
      #307611 - 05/19/07 09:11 PM
Emily H.

Reged: 02/28/05
Loc: Luxembourg, LU

Hey all,

I just noticed a recipe in which Atomic Rose used whole eggs - she commented that the fat content was within IBS limits, so it seemed ok.

I've always assumed that there was something beyond the fat stopping us all from having the yolks? Does anyone have any better intel on this?

Have I been needlessly denying myself egg yolks?? This would be a very exciting thing for me.

Thanks!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Whole eggs?? new
      #307621 - 05/20/07 05:04 AM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

I'm not sure if there's anything beyond fat that stops egg yolks from being digestible... I do know that I'm able to eat them without any problems.

I want to warn you, though: one egg yolk spread out in a recipe is one thing, and eating egg yolks (as in, scrambled eggs) is something else entirely. The fat content per serving is going to be MUCH higher if you eat a whole egg alone. You'll want to avoid doing that until your guts are at least well on their way to being stable - trust me on this one.

Liquid eggs new
      #307623 - 05/20/07 05:23 AM
Syl

Reged: 03/13/05
Loc: SK, CANADA

I use liquid eggs such as Burnbrae Farms Naturegg break-free. They contain 80% less fat and cholesterol than regular eggs. About 3 tablespoons of Naturegg is equivalent to 1 large egg.

--------------------
STABLE: ♂, IBS-D 50+ years - Science of IBS

The FODMAP Approach to Managing IBS Symptoms
Evidence-based Dietary Management of Functional GI Symptoms: The FODMAP Approach
FODMAP Chart & Cheatsheet
The Role of Food & Dietary Intervention in IBS

Re: Whole eggs?? new
      #307635 - 05/20/07 08:46 AM
Emily H.

Reged: 02/28/05
Loc: Luxembourg, LU

Oh, don't worry. I'm not about to risk that, but I was thinking of the occasional bowl of fresh pasta or custard. It's so annoying not to be able to make puddings without cornstarch.

The options could be endless...

Anyone else ok with this? I'm still curious about how widespread the tolerance is...

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 434 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1137

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review