All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
IBS-Safe Yoghurt For Canadians!
      #307418 - 05/16/07 01:03 PM
belinda

Reged: 10/09/03
Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Hello! I just wanted to post a soy-yoghurt that I find to be 100 per cent safe if you have IBS. It's called "So Nice" soy yoghurt. I recommend just the vanilla or natural flavours, not the fruit ones because they contain some more iffy ingredients.

But if you want to add some fruit, just add a spoonful of babyfood fruit sauce -- like apple/blueberry. It's so good it tastes like ice cream/pudding! In fact, you could probably freeze it and it would be ice cream!

I find the vanilla yoghurt is a lovely treat served on an apple baked with cinnamon. To me it tastes just like custard! The yoghurt contains a little sugar so if you need to gain weight, go for it!

For babyfood, I continue to recommend the Beech Nut brand, which is imported from the U.S. It is the best quality/best tasting babyfood I've ever come across and it's way better than organic babyfood and seems to agree with me just fine.

Both So Nice and Beech Nut are available at many major supermarkets in Canada.

As some of you may know, my IBS is very severe because I've had it for almost 50 years. So I wouldn't post a recommendation for a food product unless I'm fairly certain it's safe. But, of course, we are all individual and, with IBS, it's always possible to get sick even with a so-called "safe food." But then again on bad days, even water can make you sick!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: IBS-Safe Yoghurt For Canadians! new
      #307419 - 05/16/07 01:19 PM
Jordy

Reged: 08/12/06

It wouldn't be safe for me, unfortunately. Many IBS people can't do soy.

It yummy, though.

--------------------
IBS-C with pain and bloat

Thanks Belinda n/t new
      #307429 - 05/16/07 03:20 PM
Betharoo

Reged: 01/28/05
Loc: Ontario, Canada

--------------------
Microscopic Colitis, IBS-A, GERD, Hiatal Hernia
Bethany, Ontario, Canada

my theory about soy new
      #307432 - 05/16/07 03:49 PM
belinda

Reged: 10/09/03
Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Interestingly I had the same difficulty as you tolerating soy until I discovered So Nice natural soy milk which contains no additives, and So Nice vanilla and plain yoghurt.

My theory is that it may not be the soy that is necessarily bothering people with IBS. It may be all the junk that is added in that is causing the problem.

When I was last in the U.S., I noticed a soy milk in one of the healthfood stores that contained no additives (just filtered soy beans and water like So Nice natural). I don't recall the brand name, but if you could find it, it would be worth a try and you might be pleasantly surprised that you could tolerate it.

For sure, I can't tolerate any of the other soy milk and yoghurt products on the market because they all contain a lot of added ingredients, some of which are not safe for IBS.

Re: Love the So Nice Vanilla new
      #307463 - 05/16/07 09:22 PM
K2

Reged: 01/29/06
Loc: Canada

I really like the vanilla flavour and usually add strawberries to it, very tasty. I tried another yogurt available in Canada called Yoso, but it does have a lot of added ingredients. I tolerated it fine on most days, but the So Nice is definetly gentler on the tummy.

--------------------
Kat

Re: IBS-Safe Yoghurt For Canadians! new
      #307642 - 05/20/07 09:02 AM
GaiasSong

Reged: 07/12/06
Loc: SC (IBS-D/P) - STABLE! Spring 2007

<applause!> Woo hoo!

--------------------
Check multiple sources and make the best-informed decision possible!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1993 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1026

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review