All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Birth Control - In Need of ENCOURAGEMENT
      #307375 - 05/15/07 06:19 PM
NatHosp

Reged: 11/04/03

Ok, so I have tried in the past to stop taking my birth control pills and have failed miserably. I can't get through the adjustment period because my IBS gets twice as bad and I give up and start taking them again. I have decided to make the incredible leap to try to get pregnant and need to get off the pill. I am terrified of getting off the pill and also being pregnant! If anyone has been there done that, please send me some words of encouragement.

Thanks in advance!!

--------------------
Natalie

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Birth Control - In Need of ENCOURAGEMENT new
      #307390 - 05/16/07 05:28 AM
chitchat1

Reged: 05/09/07
Loc: Michigan

Hi, I suffered from IBS-D from an early age and the only thing that got it normal for about 15 years was having a baby. It seemed to stretch everything and I never had a problem until this year. So, coming off the pill may be scarey but you can take supplements until you have had the baby and you may find, like me, that all is much better after the baby. Good luck.

Re: Birth Control - In Need of ENCOURAGEMENT new
      #307403 - 05/16/07 10:13 AM
kamikat

Reged: 11/17/06

I got off BC about 10 years ago, when I found out that part of it's effectiveness was as an abortificent. It didn't affect my IBS one way or the other. I've had two babies and each time, my IBS pretty much went away for the 9 months.
Have you tried going off BC while strictly following Heather's diet? If not, maybe this time it will be a little easier.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2073 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 562

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review