All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Having a D set-back - please help
      #307019 - 05/10/07 09:41 PM
Digby

Reged: 07/31/04

I was going along great for a month or so, and then this past week I went back to sludgy stools. Only two or three a day so I shouldn't complain, but still...

I had a horribly painful period, and figured that was the cause. But the period is over and the problem persists. I take acacia three times a day, and was able to stop the Immodium as a preventative. I admit I was straying a bit from the diet with a tad more hummus than usual, some salad, one piece of cinnamon wheat bread, some pita chips from Trader Joes. I'm not sure if it's the straying or the period that caused it, but I'm in the dumps. Oh--and we had a brief heat spell in California--quite different than the weather in other parts of the country! That may have factored in as well.

I need to go back to the BTC diet, but this weekend I'm doing two full days on a film shoot in a small town. Don't know what I can eat! They don't have much in the way of restaurants. Any ideas???

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Having a D set-back - please help new
      #307033 - 05/11/07 06:33 AM
cejay

Reged: 08/27/06

Hey Digby, not sure how much help I can be but I will say this, I am IBS-A and lately, the last four days I have had a real bad flare up with pain and then D. I think I can attribute it to a few things, one I had a few bites of ice cream, the real stuff. Two, as you say the weather is getting hotter. I don't know about you but even before IBS I tended to get D when the weather got hotter. As for what to eat I find the safest thing is to bring my own. I went to my sisters house yesterday to play in the pool and I packed a few extra's in my lunch. Rice cakes or tortilla's wtih peanut butter, peeled apples, watermelon (safe for me) and pretzels. Then I just munch throughout the day. I also played it safe and went back to the BTC diet for a day or two and gradually my tummy is settling down.
Hope this helps and if it does not I'm sure others can provide assistance.

Re: Having a D set-back - please help new
      #307035 - 05/11/07 06:55 AM
AstroChick

Reged: 12/30/03
Loc: Chicago, IL, USA

Oooh, heat will do that to me, too. I tend to feel better if I go out of my way to eat salty things (pickles, pretzels, Gatorade, etc.) when it gets hot and humid, and make sure I'm sipping on water or herbal ice tea pretty much constantly. Otherwise, I just go back to my safest foods like sourdough breads and smoothies and make sure I'm getting enough sleep and relaxation.

This too shall pass! The nice thing about being pretty much stable is that you really recover from these setbacks quickly.

--AC

Thanks for the tips! - nt new
      #307056 - 05/11/07 01:46 PM
Digby

Reged: 07/31/04

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 450 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 828

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review