All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
I'm new at this....
      #306977 - 05/10/07 12:33 PM
hope4meandyou

Reged: 05/09/07
Loc: West Liberty, Ohio

Hi, I'm new to the message board. I have much to learn about communicating this way, but, I'm sure once I get the hang of it, it will be very helpful to me! I am not new to IBS though. I have been suffering for 15 years. I think I may be on my way to recovery since I've found this website! I purchased Heather's books and teas and fiber. I've been using it for 2 weeks. I am still suffering from terrible nausea. First thing in the morning and sometimes it wakes me in the middle of the night. I am taking Nexium. My Dr. wrote me a Rx for Tagin as I can't tolerate Phenergan or Reglan. I read that the Nexuim takes time. My bowls are stable but the nausea is just awful. I can't even go to work. Please, if any one has any advice,I would love it! Thank you! Lori L.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Ginger! new
      #306980 - 05/10/07 01:13 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

I found ginger to be absolutely the BEST thing for nausea - it worked so well that I never had to use the prescrip for phenergen that my doctor gave me.

How you choose to take it is entirely up to you, and how much you like the taste of ginger. The best, strongest way is to nibble on pieces of candied ginger root. Ginger Chews are also very strong (and kind of addictive, heh).

If you prefer a milder ginger taste, you might try ginger Altoids or ginger tea. Just be aware that they might not work as well - you may need to consume quite a bit of them to get the same effect as a piece or two of candied ginger.

Welcome to the boards, by the way!

Re: Ginger! new
      #306991 - 05/10/07 03:55 PM
hope4meandyou

Reged: 05/09/07
Loc: West Liberty, Ohio

Thank you so much for your reply!(my first) I have ginger Altoids...but that website that you recomended was just too cute! I have been eating peppermint lifesavers like crazy. They help a little. I don't know if mabey I eat too fast...my life is so crazy I feel like I must! I know I need to slow down(with everything). I am going to try a Rx I just got Compazine. I'm alittle scared to take it because of the side affects but I need some relief! I see my Dr.tomorrow. She is new to me but she is really sympathetic to my symptoms and I have alot of hope that she can help me too. I am so grateful for this website and just having a place to go where everyone knows what you are going through! Thanks so much! Lori L.

#307000 - 05/10/07 05:29 PM
blackrvn5

Reged: 04/02/07
Loc: Virginia

I started taking Nexium in March along with the diet and the nausea went away after a few weeks. I still get it now and then. Today being one of those bad days where I had to leave work because I couldn't take the pain and nausea anymore. Of course I have no idea what set me off, it's been coming on all week and I'm not sure if it's because I'm at the end of my pill pack and going to start any day or if it's because I just started Heather's Acacia fiber about a week ago. I'm going to have to try the ginger chews. Do the candies work just as well?

--------------------
Susan
IBS-A, Gas, Pain, Reflux
"The first in time and the first in importance of the influences upon the mind is that of nature. Every day, the sun; and after sunset, night and her stars. Ever the winds blow; ever the grass grows."
Emerson, August 31, 1837

#307032 - 05/11/07 05:56 AM
kimberste

Reged: 04/22/07

I like ginger, but the chews are a little strong for me. I sometimes put a crystallized (sp?) ginger chew in my peppermint tea. It sweetens the tea and I can taste the ginger, so I think it works.

The Compazine works well for nausea for me, but both it and the Reglan give me an "anxious", jump out of my skin feeling, so watch out for that when you take it. I use Phenergan when I have an attack, but it puts me to sleep. My attacks are usually at night, so it works out well! The thing is, you won't know until you try them. I had to have something, because the nausea is the worst part of an attack for me.

Good Luck, and I hope you feel better.

#307167 - 05/14/07 04:48 AM
karl

Reged: 11/15/06
Loc: USA

Where can the candied ginger root be found?

#307185 - 05/14/07 08:10 AM
Rio

Reged: 11/28/06

I get crystallised ginger root from the health food store. I am addicted to it!

Re: I'm new at this.... new
      #308845 - 06/09/07 06:07 PM
Poopsies

Reged: 06/09/07

Please read my post on 6/9/07 (Poopsies). I have healed myself of IBS. I hope it will work for you, too.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 294 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1947

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review