All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
how long does it take to stabilize?
      #306970 - 05/10/07 10:21 AM
badtzjack

Reged: 05/08/07
Loc: NEW YORK

i know everyone is different, but on average how long does it take to stabilize? months? a year? it is frustrating because it seems like the pain and upset will never end. i follow the diet, but afraid to add IF again. if i can't be stead on SF, i don't want to start on IF again.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: how long does it take to stabilize? new
      #306979 - 05/10/07 01:08 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

It took me over a year - a year and a few months, if I remember right. I didn't even start to feel remotely better for several months at least.

Also, I didn't start to noticeably stabilize until I started adding IF back in. It really is essential for most people.

It was also essential, for me, to manage my ongoing anxiety problems, which may or may not be an issue for you, but worth mentioning either way. Managing IBS is rarely about diet alone.

2 years for me, but I felt a difference from early on. nt new
      #307007 - 05/10/07 06:13 PM
hohoyumyum

Reged: 05/28/03
Loc: SacTown, CA

--------------------
If you're not dead, you've still got time.

#307027 - 05/11/07 04:55 AM
CMW

Reged: 04/24/07
Loc: VT

I am still trying to stabilize as well and yes it is very frustrating. I have been following the diet very carefully (I think) for four months and am still trying to have a full week feeling well. I agree that it is not just about the diet, I have been thinking about the possibility of needing antidepressents. I have been on them before and am finding myself slipping back in that hole again and not dealing with all this very well. Talking to people here has helped though and I thank everyone!

#307302 - 05/15/07 05:56 AM
EmilyM

Reged: 05/13/07
Loc: Chicago, IL

Yesterday was my first full day of the diet, trying to do BTC, and I was excited that I didn't get sick at all yesterday (except for the major gas issues that this new diet seems to have caused me). But then I woke up in the middle of the night and was really sick. Is that normal? I am probably expecting results too fast but I want to make sure I'm doing things right.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1887 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 813

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review