All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
why- mornings?
      #306918 - 05/09/07 03:57 PM
thetreester

Reged: 07/26/04

So- I've had IBS for most of my life, and I have been following the diet successfully!

There is just one question that irks me.. why does IBS seem to flare up in the morning. I run to the bathroom 3 times in 3 hours in the morning, then I'm fine for the rest of the day. My hubby suggested it was because JUST GETTING UP FOR WORK is stressful. I agree, and noticed it's not like this when I get up leisurely on the weekends... any logic here folks?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: why- mornings? new
      #306940 - 05/09/07 07:39 PM
hohoyumyum

Reged: 05/28/03
Loc: SacTown, CA

I've noticed the same thing with me. The only thing I can figure is the extra activity involved in running around getting ready to go in the morning and sleep being cut short by my alarm clock. The less sleep I get, the worse my symptoms are and the more I move, the more often I go to the bathroom.

--------------------
If you're not dead, you've still got time.

#307063 - 05/11/07 04:54 PM
KonosMom

Reged: 03/19/07

I don't have an answer to your question, but the same thing happens to me. Somehow, magically, by noon, my IBS-D is slowing down & I feel more stable. I'd love to hear theories about why this is. . . or especially how to make it better.

#307065 - 05/11/07 06:23 PM
ECM

Reged: 08/23/06
Loc: Jasper, GA

I'm IBS-C, and I'm just the opposite. Mornings are good for me. By night time I am bloated, gassy, and in pain. I've slept all night, I'm relaxed, and I'm stress free. The stress builds up during the day and my body shuts down by night and I can't even pass the gas!!

--------------------
Snookie, IBS-C

Same Here! new
      #307066 - 05/11/07 07:26 PM
Life.Is.Random

Reged: 03/06/06
Loc: NJ

I have the same problem! Whenever I do have IBS attacks, they are always the mornings that I have to get up early. My IBS is usually terrible in the morning, but by night, all of my symptoms disappear. You are definitely not alone.

--------------------
Tierney
IBS-C
www.StandardProcess.com[/url] = the home of REAL supplements

me, too..... new
      #307228 - 05/14/07 02:09 PM
Nugget

Reged: 02/10/03

I hate mornings for that reason....
I always have to run to the bathroom between 2 and 5 times before I go to work. And...on the weekends if we are planning on going anywhere, I have to do the same thing before we leave the house. If I don't have anything planned, things are fairly normal, but not always. I hate it. Plus, the fear of getting away from the house and having an "attack" makes things worse. As the day goes by, however, things calm down tremendously. I would love to find an answer as to why this happens...

#307336 - 05/15/07 12:11 PM
catnut

Reged: 04/08/07
Loc: Kentucky, USA

I have read that IBS will kick in during the morning routine because you have been quiet all night and then start moving around. Rushing around in the morning adds some stress so that agravates the issue more. Moving around stimulates everything which for me is a good thing since I'm a C but it takes part of the morning before all is quiet. By then I'm at work and having to make a break for it within the first hour I'm there. After that all settles down for the daily routine. It's just something that I have to accomodate and have been lucky enough to schedule my work around it on most days.

--------------------
Catnut IBS-C for many years, finally diagnosed in 2005. Wheat and dairy sensative.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 248 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1569

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review