All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
a quick question
      #306503 - 05/03/07 08:56 PM
mbl4JESUS

Reged: 04/18/07
Loc: texas, usa

I'm currently trying cetracel but don't like swallowing 5 a day and may have to increase number. I'm taking it slow like Heather recommended. Is the tummy fiber tasteless? Whats the difference of taking mint caplets verses just drinking the tea? One last quick question. I don't care for the fennel tea flavor. Adding honey helps. Would taking fennel caplets do the same as just drinking the tea? I hate swallowing pills though. Thanks for listening.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: a quick question new
      #306512 - 05/04/07 05:17 AM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

Mint caplets are, generally speaking, stronger per dose than a mint tea would be, and of course they're a little more convenient to take. *But*, for me, the mint tea was still a better option, because the heat from the tea is also soothing.

I believe fennel caplets would work about the same, on the same theory as the mint tea vs. capsules. I feel your pain on the pills - I can't swallow anything bigger than a tylenol. I don't know what your symptoms are, but if you're not especially gassy, you can definitely skip the fennel - that's pretty much what it's good for.

I can't answer the tummy fiber question, as I've never tried it. I'm sure someone will come along who can, though!

Acacia fiber new
      #306552 - 05/04/07 12:59 PM
hohoyumyum

Reged: 05/28/03
Loc: SacTown, CA

It's tasteless and odorless and mixes well into just about anything.

If you like peppermint altoids, they may help, too. More like a candy than a pill and there is quite a bit of peppermint in them. I used to swallow them like a pill and they helped me quite a bit.

--------------------
If you're not dead, you've still got time.

Re: a quick question new
      #306554 - 05/04/07 01:38 PM
wendyc

Reged: 03/20/06
Loc: Florida

Believe it or not, the acacia really upset my stomach. I know others on the board swear by it and we're all different but the acacia really changed the consistency of my stools (to the point of painful), I never felt fully evacuated AND I was terribly gassy (all from just 1/4 tsp). This is just my experience - a lot of people have really like it though.

--------------------
IBS-D, Acid Reflux, ???

wendy new
      #306569 - 05/04/07 06:12 PM
Jordy

Reged: 08/12/06

What fiber do you take....if any?

Thanks

--------------------
IBS-C with pain and bloat

Re: wendy new
      #306604 - 05/05/07 12:12 PM
wendyc

Reged: 03/20/06
Loc: Florida

Currently, I'm not taking any. I've tried them ALL. Benefiber, Metamucil, Acacia, Fiber from the Health food store - you name it. They ALL gave my way too much gas and bloating - along with the consistency problem. I find I have a BM once a day WITHOUT the fiber as long as I eat a good balance of IF and SF - however, there are people on the boards who couldn't live without it. Each tummy is different - I think that's the ONLY thing we can guarantee.

--------------------
IBS-D, Acid Reflux, ???

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2241 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1612

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review