All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Is anyone else addicted to Luna Bars?
      #306068 - 04/28/07 09:05 AM
line415

Reged: 09/09/06
Loc: New Jersey

My gosh...I can't get enough of them. Actually, the only one that I like is the Nutz Over Chocolate and I just bought some on sale ($1 each ) at Stop and Shop. I try not to eat too many b/c I am keeping my soy intake low to moderate. Often I will just eat half to take the edge off hunger or a chocolate craving. I was just wondering how often people eat them and is it so terrible to have one every day?

--------------------
Originally IBS-D for a million years!
Then IBS-A, Now a transformed slightly C

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Is anyone else addicted to Luna Bars? new
      #306069 - 04/28/07 09:28 AM
DianeM

Reged: 12/05/06
Loc: Kentucky

I just bought 3 boxes of these - Nutz over Chocolate, Lemon and Smores. I've only tried the Nutz over Chocolate, and I have to say, this is the best darn thing I've eaten in a long time. I haven't tried the other ones yet. I'm going to try not to eat more than one a day, but it's going to be hard. Too yummy!

#306074 - 04/28/07 10:30 AM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

Yes! Chocolate Peppermint Stick! I have one every day too, but they've never bothered me and they seem to be a good way for me to get my vitamins since I can't tolerate the pills.

I can't eat 'em. new
      #306080 - 04/28/07 12:51 PM
Flipada

Reged: 03/02/06
Loc: West Michigan, USA

Wish I could. I think it's the inulin. I tried it and had terrible gas pains. It's too bad because there's so many yummy sounding flavors.

--------------------
Flipada - IBS-C "It's a gas, gas, gas"
**Lauren**

Re: Luna-tic!!! new
      #306086 - 04/28/07 03:04 PM
Lumiere

Reged: 06/30/06
Loc: New England

I totally relate, I would have one for breakfast everyday. I loved choc peppermint stick, peanut butter cookie, s'mores, pecan pie & oatmeal raisin cookie. Now, I need to take a break...I overdosed on them! Larabars are now my bar of choice, but of course, they don't have the protein and all of the other vitamins/minerals included like Luna. Larabars don't have anything in them except dates, cherries, pecans etc. They only have 3 or 4 ingredients...no preservatives. We'll see when I can go back to good ol' Lunaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

--------------------
Amy
IBS-A
Stable and thankful!

#306087 - 04/28/07 03:22 PM
MamaCat

Reged: 04/09/06
Loc: NJ

I LOVE Luna Bars--they are the cheapest price @ Trader Joe's but the local Kings has some amazing flavors that I didn't know about, like Chai which is SO GOOD. I eat one whenever I can for breakfast. I would like to try a LaraBar but I haven't seen those around me in NJ...

--------------------
IBS-D!

#306099 - 04/28/07 04:12 PM
line415

I love the "luna-tic" term! That's definitely me. Today I had half and I guess b/c it was a very c day (took immodium yesterday for a big event), I got more gassy than usual. But I can usually tolerate a whole one as long as I take some beano before it and haven't had too much soy that day. Glad to hear I'm not the only one who is addicted to them! I guess I should remember that there ARE lots of nutrients in it ...it's not just a treat...then I won't feel so bad overindulging once in a while! By the way, how much are they are Trader Joe's? I figured out the boxes online to be $1.60/bar once I added in shipping and handling. Usually I see them for $1.50, but sometimes Stop and Shop has a sale for 10 for $10. Hooray! Today I bought 15 Nutz Over Chocolate ...let's hope that lasts me all month!

--------------------

Sorry Flipada. Hopefully you've found another treat that you indulge in. n/t new
      #306100 - 04/28/07 04:13 PM
line415

--------------------

one a day! nt new
      #306107 - 04/28/07 06:57 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

#306109 - 04/28/07 07:14 PM
MamaCat

Reged: 04/09/06
Loc: NJ

At the Trader Joes they are always .99 each. The Dulce De Leche bars sell out the fastest, but they do have about ten flavors to choose from.

Do you find that the Luna Bars affect IBS C?

--------------------
IBS-D!

#306128 - 04/29/07 09:59 AM
line415

Thanks. I'll have to try Trader Joe's. As I mentioned in my other post, the Luna bars are tolerable if I don't overdo them. If I am having a good day, I can eat a whole one but I'll try to take beano before it just in case. If I am c that day and/or gassy, sometimes even 1/2 a luna will give me more gas. Try avoiding them for a few days and see if you feel any better. Also, when you do have them, be sure that you don't have much more soy that day.

--------------------

what is a luna bar??? new
      #306163 - 04/29/07 08:36 PM
wondersha

Reged: 02/09/07
Loc: Vancouver B.C

okay...I feel out of the loop...what is a luna bar??? it sounds pretty darn good

shannon

#306216 - 04/30/07 04:20 PM
DianeM

Reged: 12/05/06
Loc: Kentucky

After several days of eating these, I think I'm going to have to break them in half also. They seem to be causing a little bloating and gas.
By the way, the chocolate pecan bar is really good too.

#306218 - 04/30/07 05:18 PM
Zara

Reged: 06/07/06

I LOVE them! Nutz over Chocolate is my favorite flavor!

--------------------
IBS-C, bloating, cramps
pregnant

Re: I can't eat 'em. new
      #306476 - 05/03/07 01:22 PM
JenMcD

Reged: 04/28/07
Loc: Rochester, NY

I'm new on the boards and I wondered if inulin was a trigger?

Inulin new
      #306477 - 05/03/07 01:33 PM
Flipada

Reged: 03/02/06
Loc: West Michigan, USA

I only found out that inulin was the problem after getting seriously bloated, uncomfortable and gassy. I wrote into the website here to find out why this might happen and someone told me it was probably the inulin. It's a trigger for some. Obviously not all or we wouldn't have such big fans of the Luna bar! Guess I'm just unlucky.

--------------------
Flipada - IBS-C "It's a gas, gas, gas"
**Lauren**

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 688 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3712

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review