Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
New to the website
      #305611 - 04/21/07 07:34 PM
abby6126

Reged: 04/09/07
Loc: Towson MD

Hello,
My name is Abby and I recently discovered that I have IBS; although,I have been suffering for close to 15 years. I am also lactose intererant and have a terrible time digesting fruit. I havve been in the process of changing my diet although it is trial by error for me right now. Anyone have any suggestions of good things that really work? I currently live in Maryland, does anyone know if there are ever meetings or seminars in the Baltimore Area?

Thanks,
abby

--------------------
Abby-IBS-C, Lactose Intolerant, fructose sensitive

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Welcome Abby new
      #305616 - 04/21/07 10:58 PM
hohoyumyum

Reged: 05/28/03
Loc: SacTown, CA

Are you on Heather's diet?

You can post on the Get Together board and see if there are other people in your area. You can always start a group of your own.

--------------------
If you're not dead, you've still got time.

Not able to eat Fruit or Veggies, any suggestions new
      #305681 - 04/23/07 05:07 AM
abby6126

Reged: 04/09/07
Loc: Towson MD

I have started heathers diet but still trying to figure out what affects me and what doesnt. I cant eat fruit and have been having lots of trouble eating veggies. Right now the only veggie that doesnt affect me is carrots. Is there anything that I can do that will help and allow me to eat at least fruites and veggies sometimes?

--------------------
Abby-IBS-C, Lactose Intolerant, fructose sensitive

Re: Not able to eat Fruit or Veggies, any suggestions new
      #305686 - 04/23/07 05:47 AM
keepsmiling

Reged: 02/05/07
Loc: bham, uk

not saying your the same, but i used to think i couldnt eat fruit or veggies but it depends on quantity, type, wen u eat them. bannana and mango r safest fruit (for most) so you could use them as a base and try to add other fruits- mayb blend in a smmothie with a handful of berries or somethin? apple is a lot easier w/out peel. always eat it after a good soluble fibre meal also.

#305699 - 04/23/07 08:13 AM
Calli66

Reged: 04/11/07
Loc: New Mexico USA

I am new to Heather's diet, too, and like Abbey, thought I couldn't eat fruits (although I can eat some vegetable types). This week I have been trying to add some fruit, and it's going pretty well. As long as I have it blended in a smoothie, or in small quanities along with white rice, I seem to tolerate it.

Same with the veggies, I think. Cooked thoroughly--in a soup--with plenty of pasta or rice to balance them out, I can tolerate them.

It's probably a good idea to wait with the fruits until you feel stable, and are used to the new diet, acacia fiber (if you're using that, too).
I started out with applesauce, blended banana (both used to cause me bloating, pain, and gas). I have added pureed Papaya (sold as "juice" in health food stores), and frozen strawberries, blended (only 2 at a time, though).

It's wonderful for me to be eating fruits again.

C

#305913 - 04/26/07 04:54 AM
CMW

Reged: 04/24/07
Loc: VT

I have had the same problems. Cantelope doesn't seem to bother me either. I am confused about juice though. Some say to stay away from juice and I have been having smoothies like you mentioned to get some nutrients in me.

#305951 - 04/26/07 02:09 PM
kimberste

Reged: 04/22/07

I've been trying smoothies for the nutrient value too. I've used rice dream with bananas and strawberries, and that seems fine. However, I tried using orange juice and had an attack that night. I'm not sure if it was the juice, I need to work up the courage to try again in a couple of weeks to see if it happens again.

#305970 - 04/26/07 05:03 PM
catnut

Reged: 04/08/07
Loc: Kentucky, USA

Depending on the juice you are using it can be the citric acid or the High fructose corn syrup. They are both issues for IBS. I can eat apples-peeled or applesauce but if I drink applejuice I'm a gonner.

--------------------
Catnut IBS-C for many years, finally diagnosed in 2005. Wheat and dairy sensative.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 4147 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1464

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review