All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Re: 3 meals a day new
      #305930 - 04/26/07 09:58 AM
Calli66

Reged: 04/11/07
Loc: New Mexico USA

That's exactly where I'm at--eating every 2-3 hours. It's weird for me, 'cause I used to eat breakfast 7 AM and then nothing until 2-3 PM. I'm kind of getting used to it. Seems like I eat, and then I realize I'm hungry again, and "What? I just ate!"

C

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: 3 meals a day new
      #305955 - 04/26/07 03:18 PM
hohoyumyum

Reged: 05/28/03
Loc: SacTown, CA

For me it's a small price to pay to not have to plan my life around bathrooms.

--------------------
If you're not dead, you've still got time.

Re: Hungry all the time-- new
      #305969 - 04/26/07 04:55 PM
catnut

Reged: 04/08/07
Loc: Kentucky, USA

I'd add more protein to your diet. Sliced turkey or chicken is easy for a sandwich or a snack. I found that with the low fat diet I had been on, long before IBS was known, that I was having issues and it was a lack of protein. Just keep to lean meats. Too much fat will set off an attack as it's very very hard to digest.

--------------------
Catnut IBS-C for many years, finally diagnosed in 2005. Wheat and dairy sensative.

#305972 - 04/26/07 05:46 PM
Calli66

Reged: 04/11/07
Loc: New Mexico USA

Yeah, I was thinking along those lines--that I'm missing protein and fat. I've been eating some chicken, but that adds to C. I never used to eat much meat before; I don't like it too much--used to eat Mozzarela and Cheddar and nuts (almonds) everyday!

Today I bought some "Eggology" egg-whites at the HFS--supposed to be high in protein. I just made a strawberry-banana-rice dream-eggwhite smoothie. Do you find that egg-whites satisfy your protein needs? or does meat do a better job?

C

Yeah, but now they're saying.... new
      #305974 - 04/26/07 05:57 PM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

More frequent smaller meals keep your energy up and your sugar levels stable. Furthermore, if you eat in small portions, your body is more likely to burn it off as energy as opposed to storing it as fat. Two different schools of thought. I know, it's confusing! There are so many different theories out there. The simple fact is, for IBS, that eating too much can definitely hurt your IBS. I know when I overeat I am just BEGGING for an attack.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

#306021 - 04/27/07 10:03 AM
catnut

Reged: 04/08/07
Loc: Kentucky, USA

I think egg whites help but I do find myself wanting more after eating the Dreamy Rice Pudding. I've always eaten eggs and never noticed any issues from the yolk so I still eat them, just not every day. I eat meat/fish but find pork and beef to be harder to digest. Ground beef once in a while is good. I just can't eat it too often. I don't eat any wheat at all and rice is not as filling. I do eat sliced lunch meat but stick to chicken or turkey. A little fat is fine but too much and IBS will get you. I've been trying to fill in with Tofu but can't seem to stomach it very well. I made a smoothy with it and my stomach was rolling. Too much fat??? I haven't figured it out yet. I do eat nuts and don't find them to be an issue. Veggie cheese isn't bad and goes well with rice crackers for a snack that is filling. Find your protein where ever you can, just keep it low fat. Like everything else small quantities are the key. Some things I can eat in small amounts but it will do me in in large.

--------------------
Catnut IBS-C for many years, finally diagnosed in 2005. Wheat and dairy sensative.

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1394 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2214

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review