All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
New positive outlook
      #305105 - 04/16/07 12:55 PM
wendyc

Reged: 03/20/06
Loc: Florida

I've already posted that I need to stick to Heather's diet completely (no excuses!). I recently married so I really want to impress my DH with my domestic skills (which are severely lacking!). I've searched the recipe index and have found many recipes that I like but thought I'd put the call out for some easy recipes that will impress my sweetie! Also - how do you all mix it up with your food. I'm so afraid to eat anything I've been living on grits and honeycombs for two days! It's a pleasure chatting with everyone on this board. All are so helpful!

--------------------
IBS-D, Acid Reflux, ???

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: New positive outlook new
      #305107 - 04/16/07 01:18 PM
horseperson

Reged: 02/08/07

I found that the blueberry french toast from heather's book is awsome...if its on the index, try it. Add some turkey sausage for your DH, "fried" in a pan (with PAM) till its really well done. My DH loves that.

#305109 - 04/16/07 01:32 PM
kamikat

Reged: 11/17/06

Do you have Heather's book? My husband likes the Chablis Chicken, the Jamaican Chicken (I forgot to make the chutney), cornmeal crusted catfish. From the message board recipes, he LOVES the chicken and dumplings (which is found as a variation of the crockpot chicken and veggies, I think). If your man is anything like mine, you'll want to learn to bake, too. So far, anytime I make the strawberry muffins(forum recipe) or the pumpkin apple bread (book), I have to beat him off with the wooden spoon. In fact, any homebaked goodies seems to drive him wild Maybe it's just that we've been married for 10 years and cinnamon makes him just as crazy as expensive perfune Another great meal is "breakfast for dinner". You can follow the "heart healthy" directions on the low fat Bisquick for waffles or pancakes, then microwave him some sausage, maybe some hashbrowns and an egg white omelet.

#305113 - 04/16/07 03:10 PM
Snorkie

Reged: 02/15/05
Loc: Northern Illinois, USA

My non-IBS husband likes Shel's crunchy basalmic chicken recipe from the recipe board. It's quick and easy and it's still good if you're a doofus (like I was the first time I made it) and forget the "basalmic" part of the ingredients.

#305115 - 04/16/07 03:22 PM
Lisa Marie

Reged: 07/17/06
Loc: Lakewood, CO

Yeah, I make this one for DH for a "treat" once in awhile - and when we have overnight guests! It's always a hit.

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!
Mommy to Rhiannon Marie (Dec. 13, 2008)

#305116 - 04/16/07 03:26 PM
Lisa Marie

Reged: 07/17/06
Loc: Lakewood, CO

Do you eat fish? Another of our favorites is the Fire Roasted Tomato Shrimp Veracruz. Very quick and easy! Tomato and Olive Penne is good too; he could have it as a side dish with a steak or something.

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!
Mommy to Rhiannon Marie (Dec. 13, 2008)

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1988 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 806

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review