Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
D attacks
      #305030 - 04/15/07 04:41 PM
caputsky

Reged: 03/24/07
Loc: Baltimore, MD

Hi,

I was just wondering if anyone who is IBS-D has ever had attacks that occur after somewhat of a longer time. For example, when I eat a trigger food (shame on me, I know) I often won't experience the dreaded consequences until a full day later. Does this make sense with IBS? Just looking for some reassurance/peace of mind that I'm not an IBS weirdo. Thanks!

Julie

--------------------
"We cannot change our past... we cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude. I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it."

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: D attacks new
      #305031 - 04/15/07 04:47 PM
hohoyumyum

Reged: 05/28/03
Loc: SacTown, CA

Yup - happens to me, too. Generally if something is going to bother me, it happens pretty quickly. On occasion though, a whole day will pass before an attack hits.

--------------------
If you're not dead, you've still got time.

#305051 - 04/15/07 10:31 PM
wondersha

Reged: 02/09/07
Loc: Vancouver B.C

I am the same as well, I know the things that will instantly trigger an attack ( for me, tomatoes, beef, dairy) and then there are creeper foods that lead to an attack the next day...too much oil is the major one for me.

#305057 - 04/16/07 07:03 AM
kamikat

Reged: 11/17/06

I will generally have gas and bloating immediately following the offending food, but the D almost always strikes 24hr later.

#305620 - 04/22/07 12:12 AM
AmandaM

Reged: 10/05/05

Yup. Very common for me, too. I think, for me, it depends on how stable I am at the time I eat an offending trigger food. If I eat too much oil or fat, I will not have an attack for about 5-6 hours or even the next morning.

#305627 - 04/22/07 07:19 AM
caputsky

Reged: 03/24/07
Loc: Baltimore, MD

Thanks everyone for all the posts! Its nice to know I'm not the only one who experiences it...makes everything make a lot more sense

--------------------
"We cannot change our past... we cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude. I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it."

#305659 - 04/22/07 04:08 PM
AmandaM

Reged: 10/05/05

I know exactly how you feel!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 178 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 886

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review