All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
What do you all think
      #304870 - 04/13/07 01:08 PM
wendyc

Reged: 03/20/06
Loc: Florida

On Sunday night I had a TERRIBLE episode of IBS-D I totally know what did it too - I ate a hotdog AND a cupcake!!). Literally shakes and crying pain (as you've all experienced - I'm sure). I've been really careful all week about eating strictly from Heather's suggestions (with a few additions of things I've always been fine with). Today I had another episode to the point of calling my grade level secretary to my room to watch my students while I went to the bathroom. What did it? Heres all I ate today: bfast - dry honeycombs, snack - ff crackers, lunch - smoked turkey breast in a pita with VERY little ff mayo (ff mayo has never bothered me in the past) and a 110 cal pack of Chips Ahoy cookies. The 100 cal pack of cookies is what I think did it. I can usually eat them but maybe my tummy is just to unstable? Any thoughts? Thanks>

--------------------
IBS-D, Acid Reflux, ???

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: What do you all think new
      #304871 - 04/13/07 01:38 PM
horseperson

Reged: 02/08/07

Sounds like sweets are kicking your butt! I feel your pain (unfortunately too literally) but I've had to learn to live without. Does soy bother you? Fortunately, I can eat soy products with no problems. If you can, try cereal-like rice crispies or kix with plain soy milk or a piece or 2 of sourdough with ff jam for breakfast. I also put acacia in soy milk and mix that with my morning coffee-coffee isn't a prob for me.
I eat different things for lunch, but you could try nayonaise, a soy mayo. Also, try this for a sweet-so far it hasn't bothered me at all...angel food cake. I eat it plain, or with purely decadant soy ice cream, or with cooked chocolate pudding made with soy milk. If soy bothers you as it does some, forget what I just said. If not, try it. Giving up sweets (and cheese) is really really hard....good luck.

Re: What do you all think new
      #304874 - 04/13/07 03:15 PM
meimei

Reged: 12/02/06
Loc: Chicago

Hello,
Oh you poor thing! I know how you feel. I would have trouble with the cookies...they probably have dairy in them. I too would have trouble with the smoked turkey. I always get sick from smoked flavoring. Try to stick to organic foods with very little or no additives, in their natural state...potatoes, bananas, oatmeal, simple cereals, applesauce, homemade breads, etc. Anything with additives can possibly upset your delicate system. When I have a bout of trouble, I go SUPER simple for a few days. No fun, but it is worth it. Good luck!
MeiMei

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 7112 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 607

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review