All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
What is this
      #304790 - 04/12/07 03:48 PM

Unregistered

I was sitting on both knees with my head on the floor and my pants got tight to my stomache when I felt this irritating feeling in the back of my throat. So I pushed out and liquid with brown stuff that tasted like food came up. I also felt like burps were stuck so I made myself burp a few times.Could this be the chicken and Rice soup I made from this site, I also had white corn chips(salty) peppermint and fennel tea today, and some Kambocha tea drops(no caffeine,no sugar, ibs safe). The liquid taste was kind of acidic. Maybe I have trapped gas and I swallowed some air or the soup/tea whatever got stuck like in my chest?
ps. Like 10 minutes after this I had a small bm and as I was straining I felt like air going down to my left side then a gurgle and up to my mouth(would this be gastrocolic refulx)and that gross taste in my mouth again... oh yea, I took miralax twice today, amitiza, digestmore, gas relief,juice plus vitamins

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: What is this new
      #304838 - 04/13/07 09:51 AM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

Sounds like acid reflux to me. Having your head lower than your stomach can trigger this. In fact, for people with acid reflux doctors usually recommend making sure you never even lie flat.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

Re: What is this new
      #304848 - 04/13/07 10:51 AM

Unregistered

I've had acid reflux a few times where i've needed to take medication. Its been a long time, monthes I didn't even know I still had it until i sat like that. I don't get it...

acid reflux new
      #304902 - 04/13/07 10:16 PM

Unregistered

what can be done about acid reflux? Are there any natural remedies, I don't want to take omperazole again...

Re: acid reflux new
      #304917 - 04/14/07 07:40 AM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

Your GI guy should be able to give you a pamphlet or something with a list of dos and don'ts. There are foods to avoid; sleep with the head of the bed raised; stuff like that. You could probably also find this info by poking around on the Internet. You can also try OTC antacids.

Acid reflux isn't something to just blow off, though. Most of the time it's no big deal but you should keep an eye on it to avoid damage to your esophagous.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

#304934 - 04/14/07 10:06 AM

Unregistered

Thank you. What are OTC antacids. I quit drinking peppermint tea as soon as the acid reflux acted up, i think that's why it came back. Right now I have a soreness in my throat, I was wondering if fennel tea would bother it? What do you think about Rembrandt?

#304967 - 04/14/07 04:13 PM
Life.Is.Random

Reged: 03/06/06
Loc: NJ

OTC antacids are Over-The-Counter acid reducers. Also, peppermint tea can bother Acid Reflux. You could try Chamomile or Liqorice tea instead. I love the Liqorice tea by Stash!

--------------------
Tierney
IBS-C
www.StandardProcess.com[/url] = the home of REAL supplements

#304994 - 04/15/07 10:29 AM

Unregistered

What is a good Ibs safe OTC brand?

#305047 - 04/15/07 08:48 PM

Unregistered

What do you think about Rembrandt? Do you know if it works good?

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 416 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2024

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review