All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Arg! SO FLARED UP!!!
      #304659 - 04/12/07 12:49 AM
Tinkerbelle

Reged: 04/17/05
Loc: Los Angeles, CA

Very frustrated currently... I was doing so well because I was on spring break from grad school and my internship... and was eating pretty bland and also eating a lot more than normal. I was sleeping well and feeling pretty great... well I went back to school and internship this week, and yesterday my tum started to feel a little weird, I was C which is pretty abnormal for me.
This morning I woke up and felt a little off... Started my longest day of the week (I'm out of the house from noon-10PM!)... and I felt weird but okay... went to my favorite veggie resturant, but sometimes I'm not sure what I order. I got a queadilla with steamed veggies and I had them put less cheese in than normal... after that and all day, just been feeling TERRIBLE...
I usually am okay with cheese, but I've cut it out for the last week. I'm probably feeling that, or I'm getting my period soon, or a combo of that, or stress or all of them... But I am home in bed now, having trouble sleeping and having the stinkiest painful gas ever... I feel really sick and just depressed. I should be grateful because this is not everyday anymore, but I get in such a sad state thinking this is my fate and how will a man ever love this part of me?
How do ya'll deal with having partners when u have flare ups? Is it embarrassing? Do they understand? When I feel this way I just want to be alone and cry and feel sorry for myself, it's really aweful...

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Arg! SO FLARED UP!!! new
      #304678 - 04/12/07 06:33 AM
Jordy

Reged: 08/12/06

Quote:

How do ya'll deal with having partners when u have flare ups? Is it embarrassing? Do they understand? When I feel this way I just want to be alone and cry and feel sorry for myself, it's really aweful...

I don't.

I hope you get over this bad time soon.

--------------------
IBS-C with pain and bloat

hugs new
      #304683 - 04/12/07 07:27 AM
seggy

Reged: 04/24/06
Loc: North East of England, UK

aww I'm sorry you're feeling so bad, I hope you settle down soon. Maybe it is like you say having the stress of going back to school.
I don't have a partner but I know lots of people on the boards do and they're very supportive I think there's actually a post on supportive partners.
You're a beautiful person and if whoever you end up with has a problem with a bit of gas then are they really that great in the first place?
I can't speak for men but to me when a guy's sick and I love him then I'd want to take care of him and give lots of sympathy I'm sure it's not so different for a man (here's hoping anyway! lol )
Godbless
xxx

#304687 - 04/12/07 07:38 AM
meimei

Reged: 12/02/06
Loc: Chicago

Hi,
I am so sorry to hear you are going through a rough patch. IBS sure can hit with a vengence! Do you take SFS? Maybe it is time to increase, if you do. Maybe you picked up a tummy bug, and it is not directly related to your IBS. PMS and stress are really hard on the tum. I would definitely avoid dairy for now, and I would adhere to Heather's diet. When my tummy acts up (IBS-D, w/pain) I eat rice, potatoes, French bread, rice cereal, fat-free saltines, and homemade oatmeal bread for a couple of days, plus I take Pepto Bismol. That seems to help get it back under control. Do you take probiotics? Maybe you need some good bacteria in there. And don't worry about a man...he will love you for the person you are. I truly wish you better days ahead!
MeiMei

#304696 - 04/12/07 07:57 AM
ladywalker0907

Reged: 01/30/04

Don't worry about finding a person who can deal with your IBS...because you will. My husband thinks it's hilarious when I get bad gas (must be a guy thing)...and if you have a guy that can't deal with it then he's not worth your time.

#304798 - 04/12/07 04:11 PM
DianeM

Reged: 12/05/06
Loc: Kentucky

"How do ya'll deal with having partners when u have flare ups? Is it embarrassing? Do they understand?"

I think you've brought up a great question. I'm out there in the dating world and used to worry about this constantly (yes, I still worry at times), but I agree with everyone else. If they're going to have a problem with a little gas or D, or whatever, then don't waste your time on them.
I'm currently seeing someone who makes a pretty good attempt to try to understand my problem. If I was seeing someone who didn't want to make an attempt to understand, I'd be in agony all the time worrying about the possibility of having an IBS-related problem while in his company. So try not to worry so much - this disorder certainly doesn't define who you are.

#304812 - 04/12/07 08:17 PM
Carolynjoy1228

Reged: 04/12/07

A man can definitely understand, if you explain the disorder to him, and he has empathy for you. My bf jokes about it all the time. At first, I was really sensitive to his jokes, but now I understand that he really does care when I don't feel well, and it's just easier for him to joke about things like gas. But at the end of the day, if I'm in pain, he cares about me and wouldn't joke if it hurt my feelings.

So yes, it's definitely possible to date, as long as you're open about the disorder and help him understand it.

An Update! new
      #304903 - 04/14/07 02:01 AM
Tinkerbelle

Reged: 04/17/05
Loc: Los Angeles, CA

Hey guys.. thanks so much for all the loving replies, what a supportive group of wonderful individuals And thanks for responding to my man quesiton... When I am at my worst point that's what always crosses my mind- how can anyone ever love me unconditionally when I am like this, when I don't even want to be in my body right now? So thank you for your support and feedback!
I have felt much better every day since writing that. It HAD to have been the cheese. I cut it out for a week, brought it back in for a day, had an attack, cut it out and feel better. It's funny cuz sometimes I do great with cheese, but it must have been the stress and cheese together that caused it. Bodies and minds are amazing things, so complex!!!
In any case, I usually only eat cheese when I want to gain weight, and my weight is actually on the high end of stable now, like 2 lbs over what i normally am... So I can afford to cut it out... problem is I love it soooo much! I get addicted to it! But if it's gonna make me feel like that, NO THANKS!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1399 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1205

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review