All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
GUys help me figure this out
      #304227 - 04/07/07 08:21 AM
nurturingkneads

Reged: 04/01/03
Loc: NC,USA

Well I went to the doctor, he acted like the heartburn was stress related which I can see that but he also asked me if I had ever been checked for H pylori, I said yes and then he didn't act like i needed to be tested again...I'm taking pepcid ever night but this week I have had 2 severe attacks...this week, and i still have heartburn, I don't think I can take anything stronger because of the problem with it causing D..I am ordering the fiber from here and hopes it will help

--------------------
Gretchen

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: GUys help me figure this out new
      #304262 - 04/07/07 06:07 PM
meimei

Reged: 12/02/06
Loc: Chicago

Could it possibly be GERD (acid reflux)? I had a lot of heartburn a while back. The Dr did a upper GI scope and found out that I had an irritated spot, like an ulcer, on my lower esophogus. I had lots of nausea, and could hardly eat anything. Mind you...this was on top of my IBS! He put me on Prilosec and within a week I felt so much better. Now I am completely healed, although I do use Tums on occasion.

MeiMei

Re: GUys help me figure this out new
      #304309 - 04/09/07 05:30 AM
cejay

Reged: 08/27/06

It does sound like GERD but also H. pylori can come back. I had two separate cases of it. After the first case and the regime of antibiotics, which tore my stomach up, I had an upper GI and biopsy and no H. pylori. Then about six months later back with worse reflux, it would come out of my nose and constantly back into my throat if I ate anything other than the blandest of food or if I ate too much of anything. Another breath and blood test and more H. pylori and ulcer. Anotehr regime of prevpac but this time I ate yogurt, did not know at the time that it was not ood for me, and not quite the bad effects. I do tend to get heartburn and chest pains when stressed but my Prevacid helps. I would ask the doc to do the test. What can it hurt?

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1385 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 709

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review